ATX Community

Print problem on certain forms

David

When I print form 8948 and the related statement for the client choosing to paper file, the forms are printed in huge font and half the form is cut off. This is the case when I also print the worksheets in the client copy selection.

Sometimes these forms print fine but quite a few times they don't. All other forms print OK.

Has anyone had this problem and can tell me what I need to do to stop this from happening?

Thanks.

One oddball printer glitch I have (still have, and have to watch for) is after printing out e-file acks. It re-sets the printer to _landscape_ mode, so anything else you try to print comes out too big, offset, and on multiple pages.

The fix for that problem is from the Return Manager menu, change the printer back to "portrait" mode.

David,

I have had the same problem for two years. Tech support is looking into it and I have been informed by ATX twice in the last week that they are still looking into it. I cannot batch print a return with the 8948 but have found that I can print the return with the 8948 unselected then page print the 8948. Yes, it is a time consuming but it works. I am hoping for a fix this year.

I had this problem as well. First I must say I print one client at a time, so the solution I stumbled upon may not be a fix for everyone. Under the options tab, in the return manager, click on preferences - then the print tab to the left - uncheck the box next to "Print return in one print job" This worked for me, but like I said, I only print one client at a time - hope this helps.