ATX Community

ATX program not opening

taxdan

My antivirus software (Avast Pro) suddenly decided to block my ATX program from opening because it was viewed as a "threat". I temporarity turned off my antivirus software and it opened just fine.

I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced that.

Part of the message I got was...

Object: C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\CCHSFS\2011\MX11.OCX

Infection: Win32:Evo-gen[susp]

Thanks!

Dan

The software is not free, but thanks for the insight. It was quite helpful. And congratulation on Computer Associates. You seem quite proud of it...as you should be.

I got a response from tech support...

Avast believes the latest update for ATX is viral in nature, and is eating a few particular files. Setting up exceptions in Avast to ignore the ATX2011 folder and C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\CCHSFS\2011\MX11.OCX and then downloaded and running the update again should resolve this.

• Like 1

Dave, just go into the software, click on "File System Shield", then click on "Expert Settings" and uncheck the boxes. You should be able to login then. Just go back into the expert settings and recheck the boxes afterward.

I have Avast Pro, so I don't know if it is the same as Avast.

Good luck.

My antivirus software (Avast Pro) suddenly decided to block my ATX program from opening because it was viewed as a "threat". I temporarity turned off my antivirus software and it opened just fine.

I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced that.

Part of the message I got was...

Object: C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\CCHSFS\2011\MX11.OCX

Infection: Win32:Evo-gen[susp]

Thanks!

Dan

From ATX: ATX: Avast warning: The MX object was not found or registered 3/14/2012

Updated 3-14-12 5pm: The MX object was not found or registered When opening ATX and there is a new update, the setup starts to run but then you get the following 2 errors.

“Setup Application: GLB21.tmp-bad image. The application or DLL c:\Windows\system32\OLE2.DLL is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette”

AVAST Anti-Virus has updated its definitions and does not recognize ATX as a safe program, most notably the MX11.ocx which is required to allow ATX to run. AVAST is giving a false positive, meaning AVAST thinks the ATX file is a virus when the file is actually not a virus.

Solution: click the link on AVAST that says “add the file to scan exclusion list” so AVAST can attempt to ignore the file and allow ATX to run.

Also click the link that says “report the file as a false positive” or report it to the AVAST customer service department so they can change their program to allow this required ATX file.

If adding the file to the exclusion list does not work, disable AVAST if that is an allowed option in your version.

As a last resort, uninstall AVAST virus protection to run ATX. But be aware that you are without virus protection at that point and you need to install another anti-virus product immediately for your protection.

• Like 1

JRS, thanks for the info.

When this happened to me earlier today, I clicked the "add the file to scan exclusion list", but it didn't work. Then I clicked the "report the file as a false positive" link to report it to Avast...which didn't immediatly help me. That is when I simply disabled the File System Shield in the Avast software temporarily and it worked. You should not have to uninstall Avast unless you want to permanently get rid of it.