26 replies to this topic

#1 TAXMAN

TAXMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

Hello everybody, any one get the Sfs.Max.Shell.Loader has stopped working error? After getting this error program promptly closes itself. Any clues out there? Thanks

#2 Jack from Ohio

Jack from Ohio

ATX Supreme Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,174 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:22 PM

From the seminar... The developers are aware of this problem. The fix will be incorporated in the first major program update in january.

Had this happen to me several times. It happened at the seminar and the head of development said she is expediting the fix for this.

#3 Seedy

Seedy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

I have a client that is also experiencing the "SFS max shell loader has stopped running" ... other than "fixed with the first major upgrade", is there anything else that can be done as a workaround? Or, does my client just have to wait for the upgrade?

#4 Jack from Ohio

Jack from Ohio

ATX Supreme Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,174 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

I have a client that is also experiencing the "SFS max shell loader has stopped running" ... other than "fixed with the first major upgrade", is there anything else that can be done as a workaround? Or, does my client just have to wait for the upgrade?

Client?

#5 Randall

Randall

ATXaholics Anonymous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • State:KY

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:32 AM

I was wondering about that client too!

What is the max shell loader?

#6 Joel

Joel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • State:FL

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:34 AM

Part of the new 2012 ATX program

#7 Roger Ball

Roger Ball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

Does this mean we have to re-instal the program - how else could I update since the current program does not run.

#8 Joel

Joel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:29 PM

I spent over one hour with support this morning. I was told the following comments: the program is brand new and is buggy (apparently we are doing the debugging), we think that rollover causes the max.shell.loader problem, my problem with customizing forms may be related to video drivers or the fact that the forms are not yet approved, they are trying to solve the problems and will be issueing an update, probable not until after the first of the year, maybe the update will solve all the problems.

Just received my TRX software (I subscribe to both). Maybe I will not have problems with it???

#9 Jack from Ohio

Jack from Ohio

ATX Supreme Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,174 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

Login with Admin as username. No password (unless you already assigned one)

#10 mbstratton

mbstratton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

While I was rolling over my clients this was happening every 2-3 returns. I went into my security software and excluded ATX 2012 and was able to process the rest of the returns without being kicked out. The error message did come up at the end, but all of the clients were transferred.

#11 Jack from Ohio

Jack from Ohio

ATX Supreme Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,174 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

I found that rolling over the clients before it was time to actually do the returns to be counterproductive, and caused lots of issues. I don't do them in advance.

#12 mcb39

mcb39

ATX Supreme Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,993 posts
  • State:WI

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

I have never rolled over my clients until they make an appointment and are about to walk through the door. Over the years, that policy has saved a multitude of workarounds. I have one return, called TEST, that I use for just such things; the first rollover, the first efile test, etc. It contains a variety of forms.

#13 Randall

Randall

ATXaholics Anonymous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • State:KY

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:28 AM

That sounds like a good idea, the TEST return. Thanks.

#14 joanmcq

joanmcq

ATX Supreme Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,568 posts
  • State:CA

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

I rollover my own when I get the software, since that is the first one I'll be working on. It also lets me see what forms are or are not available. I rollover clients as I work on those returns, or in April, as I'm doing extensions.

At this point there is no reason to roll any others over since the frikkin' 1040 isn't available! And yeah, the program is going to be buggy and screwed up, SINCE MOST OF THE FORMS AREN'T AVAILABLE. Thank Congress, as they are on vacation.

#15 TaxMan60601

TaxMan60601

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

wow, does this means that there is no solution to this so far!?

I just got my ATX2012 installed and starts with this error message, he he ...

Any suggestions?

#16 Lloyd Hudson

Lloyd Hudson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

The update yesterday AM (01/02/13) was supposed to correct this. I have ATX on network so have to reset all my workstations to see if it got fixed.

#17 Joel

Joel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

Yes, the max shell loader error was eliminated by the recent update. However I have had the program abruptly stop (windows is looking for solution) and then shut down several times today. So it looks like a new problem.

#18 Janitor Bob

Janitor Bob

ATX Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • State:OH

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

I plan on installing the 2012 program this evening.....hoping all goes well!

#19 joanmcq

joanmcq

ATX Supreme Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,568 posts
  • State:CA

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

Hey, at least we have the 1040! I have to run an estimate for a client's FAFSA, so I hope it's working ok. Crashed on me once already...

#20 BulldogTom

BulldogTom

ATX Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,119 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

Yeah, we have the 1040, but no IRA worksheets, no sched A, no Sch C, no Sch. D, no 2106, no 8879, no 8829, and no CA 540 or 540CA. Didn't check, but can we process an EIC return?

Tom
Hollister, CA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users