ATX Community

TRX 2012 Problems

Don in Upstate NY

Doug

The Appointment Scheduler does not seem to be able to accept new clients. The frist drop down menu item "Select The Client" only allows you to select from clients whos returns are already started. How do I enter an appointment for a NEW client?

If I select the new "New Appointment" it requires various fields such as SS# If I enter an fake SS such as 000-00-0000 then it allows me to enter a new client. The this new client appears in the "New Appointment" drop down menu to enter the apppointment details such as the date and time.

After that the date is highlighted in blue on the calendar but clicking on it only brings up a blank new client form once again.

If I Go To the "Client List then I see the client and the appointment date and time but not if I click on the date from the calendar. Does it notify you of upcoming appointments? It seems to be very convoluted and confusing.

Also there doesnt seem to be a way to edit or delete this "new Appointment" after it has been entered.

Am I doing something wrong or is it not working correctly?

At last week's webinar they said that it is still under development so don't even try setting up appointments on that screen. I use Microsoft Outlook for all scheduling because it runs like a charm on the network and is linked with my other Microsoft products. My staff can update when clients call etc.

Doug

The Appointment Scheduler does not seem to be able to accept new clients. The frist drop down menu item "Select The Client" only allows you to select from clients whos returns are already started. How do I enter an appointment for a NEW client?

If I select the new "New Appointment" it requires various fields such as SS# If I enter an fake SS such as 000-00-0000 then it allows me to enter a new client. The this new client appears in the "New Appointment" drop down menu to enter the apppointment details such as the date and time.

After that the date is highlighted in blue on the calendar but clicking on it only brings up a blank new client form once again.

If I Go To the "Client List then I see the client and the appointment date and time but not if I click on the date from the calendar. Does it notify you of upcoming appointments? It seems to be very convoluted and confusing.

Also there doesnt seem to be a way to edit or delete this "new Appointment" after it has been entered.

Am I doing something wrong or is it not working correctly?

Taxed is incorrect it is not still under development we are simply adding additional features to it. I did exactly what you were tlking about last night my works fine. I will get you a full list of instructions tomorrow with illustrations. Taxed is correct the Outlook does have the scheduler but where ours if different it is built into the program and will auto update clients. The big help it is going to be is for next year when this is integrated with the client organizer and this years clients and can auto set appointments prior to sending out Client Orgnaizers. It will also be able to text or email appointmet reminders to your clients. I will send you the .pdf instruction on the appointment scheduler tomorow.

Doug

Doug, would you please post the instructions on your TRX website for the benefit of other users. I stand corrected, perhaps I should have said that it is not fully functional because i tried to use it to schedule appointments and gave up! If what you say indeed happens for the 2014 filing season that it will send emails to clients to schedule appointments out of the client database, that would be great because I am using Outlook now, but i do have to extract the client contact info out of the 2011 database.

That is a good idea, also if we could get subject specific videos would be great. For example one on how to enter data for Sch D and worksheets, perhaps another on how to do schedule E correctlly would be great. I think Drake and Taxworks had these type of subject specific videos on their site so that users could get a refresher at their own time and convenience.