ATX Community

TRX Cancellation Policy

Terry D EA

I didn't think I would give up on TRX but unfortunately I had to. I tried my best to believe that this product would indeed be ready and the bugs would be worked out. Like alot of you, I have been looking at other software trying demos; etc. Some of the companies that I have talked with do not say the same things regarding the availability of the forms. I purchased TaxSlayerPro today for 995.00. I have downloaded the software and completed (2) returns complete with NC State. NC is not ready to accept e-filing from anyone yet but that doesn't mean the forms cannot be completed so the client can see if they have a refund or what they owe. These two returns were prepared from scratch, printed and ready to go to my clients. I was even able to modify the return cover page, complete a list of form charges and I must say everything worked very well.

In this program, all business forms are ready for use and can be completed. They have not completed the conversion for me yet due to the storms in their's and our areas this evening. But I think it will be effortless and now I can work on my S-Corp with the mother load of assets.

Doug I am sorry but I couldn't hang in there any longer and the software has made me very nervous and uncomfortable. You very well may have a great product and for you and the folks at TRX I certainly hope that is the case.

Now for the main part. The link below is TRX's cancellation policy. As I read this, a refund seems unavailable. There is a statement there that a full refund will be given within 72 hours of ordering. For those of us who took the hit by renewing early I don't see how this could apply. We bought a product on good faith by the information we were given that it would perform and had no way of knowing whether it would or would not. Therefore we should be able to exercise our rights to a refund. I do question the legality of this type of policy. Like others, I will attempt to obtain a refund.

Doug, I think it better for you to state your position with this refund policy as well as what your intentions are regarding refunds for this product.

http://trxsoftware.com/cancellation-policy/

In my opinion if the product is NOT ready to do what it was intended to do and on which basic it was purchased by us by giving TRX advance payment with the expectation that a professional quality tax prep software would be delivered, I don't think any court would uphold TRX's cancellation policy of 72 hours from ordering. He has NOT delivered the good!

• Like 1

Cathy, if you had the 2011 TRX Pro (Redgear) product like we all had, then conversion is possible by most major vendors. You have to tell them you got Taxworks files. If you tell them TRX they won't be able to figure out what to do.

Now consider this. Those who still hang with TRX in 2012, assuming the product becomes somewhat functional at a later date, will have a hard time converting their 2012 client data!

Terry, you might want to consider filing a small claims court case. It sounds to me like that's the only alternative. Doug has basically made it very clear, TRX isn't a company anyone should trust going forward.

IMO, stop downloading updates, print off the sheet showing on January 30th this is what you were provided (an unworkable product) and most judges will consider it a break in TRX's promise to provide working tax software. The only argument Doug could make would be that he never promised a quality product.

edit: if you paid by credit card, call the credit card company and challenge the charge itself. I know people have gotten their money back that way. I paid by check....... You know, don't know how long ago those people put the software on their credit card though.

Cathy, if you had the 2011 TRX Pro (Redgear) product like we all had, then conversion is possible by most major vendors. You have to tell them you got Taxworks files. If you tell them TRX they won't be able to figure out what to do.

Now consider this. Those who still hang with TRX in 2012, assuming the product becomes somewhat functional at a later date, will have a hard time converting their 2012 client data!

That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure (I just watched part of the Regear's demo for Taxworks and immediately recognized the user interface). I'm contacting Intuit tomorrow. Until Feb 2nd, they are running a special 9 tax returns for $99. I can't wait any longer. I've read that the user interface is similar to Lacerte and I've used that before.

The only argument Doug could make would be that he never promised a quality product.

If he takes that position publicly, how long do you think TRX and its sister companies like TaxExact, Yonderworks, Adriot etc would last??

If he takes that position publicly, how long do you think TRX and its sister companies like TaxExact, Yonderworks, Adriot etc would last??

How long do you think they'll survive without it?

Here is the reality on a refund - it's not legally required. The 72 hour rule is a viable policy. EXCEPT that rule is voided when the product turns out to be defective. When a company sells a product that they know is defective, they are required by MY state law (and I'm sure everyone's) to provide a refund or it becomes a criminal issue of operating a scam. Tax Exact as of today is officially defective and I have not received any notification of when I should expect them to rectify the problem. Doug's argument that he delivered tax software probably sounded good when he was thinking Tax Exact would work.

If you don't want to file a small claims case, contact your state consumer protection division of their local district attorney and they will contact TRX for your refund.

TRX does have a facebook page so maybe all these comments could be placed there so people not a part of this board can see what is really taking place. The more people that know of the issues the more pressure it puts on them to respond. If a lawyer could get something out of it you'd start seeing class action somewhere with as many poeple that this affects. It's sad to trust someone who can't be honest and forthright with us in delivering on a workable product.

What's with some of the tax software companies? Redgear did a rework of Taxworks and it's clients are jumping ship, so it looks like if TRX stuck with them, we'd be having these same discussions (another forum for tax professionals that I post on have a nice long discussion on Taxworks).

It is my understanding that Taxworks has caught its balance! Folks are able to e-file though some glitches remain. Also Taxworks offered to refund 100% of the price if users were not happy with their performance.

We need TRX to do the same. Offer a full refund to those of us who were duped into buying a beta product that has not delivered as of 1/30. How many e-fles (Fed and State) were you guys able to do yesterday with TRX Pro? I am waiting for that answer??

It is my understanding that Taxworks has caught its balance! Folks are able to e-file though some glitches remain. Also Taxworks offered to refund 100% of the price if users were not happy with their performance.

We need TRX to do the same. Offer a full refund to those of us who were duped into buying a beta product that has not delivered as of 1/30. How many e-fles (Fed and State) were you guys able to do yesterday with TRX Pro? I am waiting for that answer??

I didn't even try. I don't trust it. Plus, only ten states have been available and nothing has changed in quite awhile. None of the states that I've used is on the available list. The only improvement that I saw was the fact that one of my client returns that did have proforma successfully, now has.

The 72 hour policy makes no sense if you renew in say May, and the program does not ship until Dec. Would have to be 72 hours after delivery of a functioning product.

The 72 hour policy isn't required by law, it's a favor offered to you.

The reality is that Consumer Protection Laws are in place exactly for what TRX has done. They sold a product with promises, when they delivered it was defective to such an extent it was not considered a viable delivery of a product. They have 3 choices. Replace it with a working product which would have been a viable option 2 days ago. They can offer full refunds. Or they can hope a judge ignores their own Consumer Protection laws in court. It is prohibited by the law that TRX can waive your option to receive a refund later when they fail to deliver.

KC what you said makes perfect sense. However, an incomplete non-functioning product was delivered and we still have had no way of knowing if the product would eventually live up to it's promises which has put each one of us at a disadvantage. We're sort of forced into the wait and see scenario and in doing so, has been costly to most, if not all of us. We have suffered financially by having to purchase an another product at the most inoportune time to save our business. One would think that we should be able to recover some kind of damages for that as well. But if I can just get the refund, I will cut my losses and continue in my move forward

Will Taxlsayer Pro convert last year's TaxWorks? I got an email from a Taxslayer sales rep last week and it sounded like he was aware of software problems. I have used their online W-2 & 1099 program the last 3 years and have been very pleased with it.

It's a shame that we all have been patient with TRX, but when I'm gone I won't be back. Some people have forgotten the meanings of customer service and loyalty in this profession. I only do this part-time at night and have about 80 client so my time is very limited and any delay outside of the IRS become critical. I gave TRX until this week to get the mess cleaned up and still nothing is trustworthy.

If anyone else has some good ideas on decent software please post it on this board. I get feeling a lot more of us will be jumping ship in the next couple of days. Refund or no refund doesn't matter at this point I just have to move forward.

Scott, another user by the name of Terry D on this board went with Taxslayer and he is getting his data converted from 2011 so I am assuming they will do something to help you out. But as you know time is of the essence and you have to send them the data. So call your rep and see if he/she can expedite it for you.

TaxSlayerPro will convert your files, you can check their website to be sure your previous software is on their list or just call them. They can have you up and running in 15 to 20 minutes. The conversion will take a bit longer depending on the size of your file. Here is what I know, I can complete returns, e-file, have registered and been accepted with Santa Barbara Bank, customized the cover page, added a custom form, set defaults on form prices and am operating as normal in less that 24 hours.

Hello Guys,

I recently found out that Onedesktax.com offers
1040 and Business Tax Software Free to all 1st year clients.

They gave me both Web and Desktop Version for Free.

My Cousin told me about them, no credit card was required.

They I just Download the Desktop software below, installed it
call them and they activated my tax 2012 account.

I got unilimited E-filing and Bank products..For FREE

Here is website http://onedesktax.com/

I downloaded Desktop Version here: ---> OneDesk Tax Softwares(Tax year 2012 web and Desktop versions)