Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

4 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Just got the following email:

Effective 9:00 am Eastern time on Sunday, February 10, 2013, the IRS will start processing 2012 returns that contain Form 4562, Depreciation and Amortization. This will include the Form 1040-family tax returns, Form 1065/1065-B, Form 1120-family tax returns and Form 990-family tax returns.

On Thursday, February 14, 2013, the IRS plans to start processing 2012 returns that contain Form 8863, Education Credits.

Posted · Report post

Oh yay! I just had to add depreciation to my tenant's return (and he gets EIC, at least for 2012 and owes me a LOT of back rent) and I want my moneh!

I thought I'd have to tell him the return would be delayed for three or four weeks...

Posted · Report post

I read that on an IRS email I received. I was using depreciation as an excuse to postpone a couple of problem clients, maybe put them on extension. Now I'm going to have to start working faster!

Posted · Report post

Don't tell them.

If they call to say they read something about the change in the newspaper, just say "It doesn't apply to you". What you really mean is, "it doesn't apply to problem clients".