ATX Community

Linked Form Data Not Flowing To Parent (Proforma's)

Crank

On Proforma'd returns with depreciable assets there is an issue with the data flowing properly from the 4562 to the parent form. I have had to: 1) recreate the depreciable asset or 2) recreate a 4562 and relink the depreciable asset to it and them relink the 4652 to the appropriate parent form to get the data to flow.

Even though the the depreciable asset form is completely and properly filled out tech support acknowleges that it "sometimes" doesnt flow properly. Well I have experienced this more than sometimes.

So watch your depreciation.

I also have a 4562 where a red exclamantion point remains next to the form and tech support cant explain it or remove it. The form is properly completed. They said that it wont prevent efiling which is what I am concerned about. I should find out within a week.

While TaxWise has performed calculations properly for most of the returns I am not comfortable with the software as it does take about 1/3 longer to complete a return than TaxWorks and ATX did in the past.

Guest Taxed

Can't tell if this will help but hitting F3 on a field that is red underlined or not showing data that should be there fixes it. Also if you overrode a field previously even by mistake you will have to unoverride it to get valid data to flow into it.

What i try to do is track down the red exclamation next to a form because it is telling me something is missing or wrong. On accassion i have removed a linked form get out of the form and come back in and insert the same form and problem goes away. It usually happens with depreciation assets worksheet.

I have to admit that the depreciation module of Taxwise is clumsy compared to the good old Taxworks!! .I miss you Taxworks :-(

• Like 1

Guest Taxed

After this tax season i would really like to take a second look at Taxworks again. I loved the Redgear program before they messed it up (Why Why?) I hope redgear offers a generous discount to bring back folks who jumped ship.

Alex do you work for Redgear?

Taxworks was easy to use and had a lot of nice features. Nice user interface. Taxed, I'm also a computer programmer and sometimes, software applications need to be reengineered. The application used to create the application, may no longer be supported, so software firms have to upgrade to the new application. This takes time and a lot of testing. I just converted to applications that I developed in Microsoft's Visual Basic 6.0 (a great application development tool - which is no longer supported by Microsoft) to Visual Basic 2008.Net (an entirely different application) and it took some time and a lot of testing.