ATX Community

Error reject code means what?

Margaret CPA in OH

I just efiled a 1065 with 8825 and 4562 and have the following reject code:

The XML data has failed schema validation. cvc-identity-constraint.4.1. Duplicate unique value [4562:8825:03801] declared for identity constraint "documentId" of element "Return".

In other words...

The XML data has failed schema validation.

Not only do I not understand the XML error, but I don't understand the 'In other words..' I looked up error codes on irs.gov without success.

The Check Return showed no errors before efiling.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Okay, done and waiting but what does the error code mean? Does it mean "Save return, close return. Open return, create e-file, send e-file again?" It referenced something about the error commonly being in field 1. If that is the name, I still don't know what this issue could be. I've efiled this return for several years and just keep rolling over, no new entries on the things like company name that don't change.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. We shall see the outcome sometime later today, I hope!

Thanks, I contacted ATX and Sandy remoted in and solved the problem. The new schema (whatever that is) did not like that on a short name for a rental property I had 03 801. It seems if there is a number, no space followed by another number is permitted. The client had 2 properties on the same street so I was distinguishing by house number. Changed to letter F801 (for Fourth Street 801) and now accepted. I couldn't put 4th as it was a number and was limited to 8 characters.

Not as hard as I thought and now the cryptic explanation means something but I didn't speak the language very well and needed a translator!

• Like 2