ATX Community

TO THE FRIENDS OF FLORIDA TAX MAN

FLORIDA TAX MAN

Since the day CCH closed the community in 2007, I have not even logged in or visited the "Official Community." All the quality members moved over here. I WILL NOT participate in the Official Community. I stated this to all the CCH management people at the CAB in no uncertain terms.

"quality members"

Thank You Jack... :P

• Like 1

Nope, I finally tried that and it did not work for me. That locked my account and I had to set up another new password. I can access everything that I'd ever need to for the prior year's ATX, although I don't anticipate needing to as I've retained all of the prior years' archive disks and the installation codes. I can no longer access the community and I don't care.

I can understand you not caring about access over there. But your "denied access" makes me feel better in the sense that I was banned for the major crime of NonRenewal and not some other petty offense like saying "ATX sucks !"

So thank you, Judy, for sharing my ATX misery. :)

Since the day CCH closed the community in 2007, I have not even logged in or visited the "Official Community." All the quality members moved over here. I WILL NOT participate in the Official Community. I stated this to all the CCH management people at the CAB in no uncertain terms.

That's OK Jack, it allowed us to talk about you behind your back.

Please feel free to tell CCH off for FTM at your next CAB. I am not happy being denied my constitutional right to access ATX's private forum and ranting and raving about everything under the sun. Make sure President Harpo Marx gets the message. Thanks.

Jack, since you are still using ATX, you really should get over what they did to the forum in the beginning of CCH HE!!. The forum there is fine now, except of course for the obvious drama of people still having trouble with ATX 2013.

No big surprise there either. My Beta Test experience and yours were apparently vastly different.

• Like 1

Jack, since you are still using ATX, you really should get over what they did to the forum in the beginning of CCH HE!!. The forum there is fine now, except of course for the obvious drama of people still having trouble with ATX 2013.

No big surprise there either. My Beta Test experience and yours were apparently vastly different.

Corporate CCH has changed VERY LITTLE in their attitude toward customers. Nuff said.

FTM, I also did not renew ATX 2013 and still have access. I have to believe that the Powers that Be at ATX made a conscious decision to ban you. After all, Kimmie was not much of a fan of yours.

Anyway, I really don't see much of a reason to go to the community board over there, if you are not an ATX user. Most of the discussions there are ATX related stuff, with little technical help on tax law or tax code, and that to longer matters to me at least.

I commend you on your decision to change software, and would love to know how you feel about Tax Act. Me, loving Drake! Haven't been able to prepare returns this fast since the early days of TurboTax and Intuit ProSeries.

Corporate CCH has changed VERY LITTLE in their attitude toward customers. Nuff said.

That alone should be enough to move onto another software company. So, I really never understood why your company renewed.

No offense please, because none is intended, but it is hard to believe we beta tested the same software.

That alone should be enough to move onto another software company. So, I really never understood why your company renewed.

No offense please, because none is intended, but it is hard to believe we beta tested the same software.

The actual software is completely different than the Beta Test. Read all my posts to get an idea.

FTM, I also did not renew ATX 2013 and still have access. I have to believe that the Powers that Be at ATX made a conscious decision to ban you. After all, Kimmie was not much of a fan of yours.

Anyway, I really don't see much of a reason to go to the community board over there, if you are not an ATX user. Most of the discussions there are ATX related stuff, with little technical help on tax law or tax code, and that to longer matters to me at least.

I commend you on your decision to change software, and would love to know how you feel about Tax Act. Me, loving Drake! Haven't been able to prepare returns this fast since the early days of TurboTax and Intuit ProSeries.

Well Joel that's a possibility but Kimmie did UN-ban me a couple of times. But I checked on Kamman's post count a couple of months ago to see who were the most frequent posters and I saw that his account was officially DE-activated. MODS of course can delete posts and threads and lock threads if they have a problem with it as opposed to banning a person. AND I have not seen Kimmie post anything lately although she did log in in early January like the 4th.

I think it may be my account was DEactivated as opposed to bannishment and hence will not work BUT who knows. It was what the customer support person said but I don't have a lot of faith she knew what the problem was.

BUT you could be right.

I looked at DRAKE and found it was going to be a problem hardware-wise so I went with TaxAct cause they were still (my) system friendly. I'm finding it a bit cumbersome but support has been good so far. At least they don't have every form under the sun. i hated ATX forcing you to download forms you did not need. And their form downloading "progress" indicators sucked.

This is splitting hairs I know but I feel I did not abandon ATX...ATX abandoned me when they decided to ramp up their technical requirements to satisfy a BIG FAT RAVEN who eats memory like GODZILLA.

For me it's not just buying a new computer. (And maybe a new printer) to go to Win 7/8/9 .....Its the big jump in telephone fees every month to accomodate downloading/uploading speeds.

Well, I wouldn't be surprised it was Kimmie. She did seem to have it in for you.

As for Drake, it is probably the most forgiving software as far as old and slow systems go. All software vendors tend to exaggerate the hard requirements, because this way they can blame your system when something isn't working quite right (ok that is the conspiracy theorist inside me talking).

I have Drake running on a state of the art pc and an antique pc and it screams on both of them.

Anyway, they have a free demo of prior years and will have a free 2013 demo available probably in May (it is fully working software btw). You should download and try it. You might be amazed that even on Old Hardware it screams.

• Like 1

FTM,

Since you don't have access to the ATX Official Board, I thought you might want to know that although there are less complaints over there than 2012, the number is still fairly high and the drama still exists. Suggests that CCH/ATX still has not gotten the program fixed for everyone.

Guess you made a good decision to move on.

From ATX Board:

It's clear by the types of errors that users are encountering, especially after this latest update, and the very alarming increase in cust. support hold times, that there are some very serious problems with the program again in 2013.

It would be a nice gesture on your part to let us know that you are aware of the problems and are actively engaged in finding answers to them.

Everybody that bought this program for 2013 took a huge leap of faith that the catastrophe they endured last year would not repeat itself, yet that seems to be exactly what is happening.

We deserve some answers, sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

FTM,

Since you don't have access to the ATX Official Board, I thought you might want to know that although there are less complaints over there than 2012, the number is still fairly high and the drama still exists. Suggests that CCH/ATX still has not gotten the program fixed for everyone.

Guess you made a good decision to move on.

From ATX Board:

wow, Joel, thanks for sharing the stuff from the other board. I think CCH and ATX really did NOT fix this thing as properly as they should have after a year of complaints and beta testing. They have had plenty of time and experience from the 2012 disaster to have fixed 2013 past a few minor glitches. I can not help but wonder how much a fancy new computer system with plenty of RAM and hard drive and super processors is ACTUALLY compensating / covering up / masking the problems with this software.

I also wonder if the beta testing was a smoke screen to make people think it was fixed by duping the testers into testing a striped down basic model, everything is great on beta testing but now in the real world it's crashing.

THE most frightening part for me is the E-filing. IF you see a completed signed off return but upon E-filing goes through some unwarranted transformation that you have no control over UNTIL some IRS notice is sent saying there's a problem. That could ruin your whole practice.

wow, Joel, thanks for sharing the stuff from the other board. I think CCH and ATX really did NOT fix this thing as properly as they should have after a year of complaints and beta testing. They have had plenty of time and experience from the 2012 disaster to have fixed 2013 past a few minor glitches. I can not help but wonder how much a fancy new computer system with plenty of RAM and hard drive and super processors is ACTUALLY compensating / covering up / masking the problems with this software.

I also wonder if the beta testing was a smoke screen to make people think it was fixed by duping the testers into testing a striped down basic model, everything is great on beta testing but now in the real world it's crashing.

THE most frightening part for me is the E-filing. IF you see a completed signed off return but upon E-filing goes through some unwarranted transformation that you have no control over UNTIL some IRS notice is sent saying there's a problem. That could ruin your whole practice.

It is probably a good thing you are not using ATX for 2013. All your hopes for it being a disaster would have been crushed.

It is probably a good thing you are not using ATX for 2013. All your hopes for it being a disaster would have been crushed.

I like ATX as it was in 2011. My hope was it would return to a program that worked.

BUT big shot CCH leaders had other ideas. Maybe they need a leader like you Jack to straighten them out. Why don't you apply for a job there at the next CAB.

I like ATX as it was in 2011. My hope was it would return to a program that worked.

BUT big shot CCH leaders had other ideas. Maybe they need a leader like you Jack to straighten them out. Why don't you apply for a job there at the next CAB.

Keep living in the past and hoping for the 2011 program to come back. Not happening, no matter how much you cry and whine. You know not of what you speak.

stop it you too, Jack you are happy with this years program and FTM is still mad over last years horror. Can we move on? For all the users I hope Jack is right about the program. But I too lost faith in the company and dropped out of beta testing. You will never convince each other and there are many more issues to discuss

• Like 2

I agree with michaelmars that you both need to stop. This topic started as FTM questioning his access to the official forum being denied and not being able to contact his friends there, and it is morphing into an argument about the ATX program.

ATX will never go back to what it was, but for those of you that are sticking it out, I do hope that this year's program is functional, faster, and meets your expectations and needs. There are a variety of professional programs on the market to choose from, so if ATX isn't a good fit, keep shopping and testing until you find one that is. Please, let's put the discussion about the 2012 program to rest once and for all. It's old news and time to get busy with our current work!

• Like 2

I agree with michaelmars that you both need to stop. This topic started as FTM questioning his access to the official forum being denied and not being able to contact his friends there, and it is morphing into an argument about the ATX program.

ATX will never go back to what it was, but for those of you that are sticking it out, I do hope that this year's program is functional, faster, and meets your expectations and needs. There are a variety of professional programs on the market to choose from, so if ATX isn't a good fit, keep shopping and testing until you find one that is. Please, let's put the discussion about the 2012 program to rest once and for all. It's old news and time to get busy with our current work!

:wall::dunno::scratch_head::wall::dunno::scratch_head: