ATX Community

Time

Wendy

• 4 weeks later...

I have patched a few files, and the DST bug should now be fixed. If your time is still off by an hour, clear your browser cache and reload/refresh the page.

Central is also off by an hour because of DST...Isn't it amazing the little things that we miss. I never knew why my posting time was wrong, either.

Central is also off by an hour because of DST...Isn't it amazing the little things that we miss. I never knew why my posting time was wrong, either.

I've noticed some strange things with the DST settings on the forum. When I go into my Board Settings (under My Controls) and update my settings, the time shown at the bottom of the page is off by one hour.. but within a couple minutes of browsing the site, the time is corrected.

If you clear your cache and refresh this page, is the time still off by an hour? and if so, in which direction?

I just checked and mine had gone back to somewhere in the Pacific. I had reset the other day to Central time which is correct for me. When I reset today it told me my correct time was 5:47 when in fact it was 11:47 AM. The only thing I can figure is that GMT is off. Very interesting.

When you browse the forum is the time at the very bottom right still wrong? If so, I'm not sure what to tell you. I guess I would just set the time zone wrong intentionally to make it so that the time itself is correct.

When you browse the forum is the time at the very bottom right still wrong? If so, I'm not sure what to tell you. I guess I would just set the time zone wrong intentionally to make it so that the time itself is correct.

Right at this moment, the time at the bottom right is exactly the same as the time on my computer. I never noticed that time at the bottom of the forum screen before. Erc, I am not a programmer; so in my eyes, you are a genius...

That time down at the bottom should be the same time that's attached your posts... I too noticed the inconsistencies when looking at the time zone controls page. I'll probably just ignore that weirdness as long as the time stamps on all of the posts continue to show accurately.

I just looked at the time at the bottom--I had never noticed that before either. It said it is March 21 at 12:47 AM. According to my trusty computer time, it is March 20 at 6:49 PM. Very interesting. Gives me something to obsess on instead of taxes.

I am not concerned about the time, to be perfectly honest. I read them when I read them and respond, or not, at that time. Does it matter to me if the program thinks it is a different time than I think it is. Absolutely not! The important thing, at least to me, is the question and the answers. My sincere thanks for all you do ERC. You are a godsend.