ATX Community

Forecast for April 16th

rfassett

A trip to the dentist to get the permanent filling on this root canal.  No crown needed, at least!  Now what to do when I'm done with that?  Pedi, massage, other?  (My husband would say, practice for the first rifle match which is Saturday the 18th...)

Edited by Catherine
  • Like 1

Off to the beach on the afternoon of the 15th, after I spend the morning reviewing extensions.

Maybe back to the office on the 21st (or later, depending upon my attitude at that time)

I will spend most of the day on Veranda Beach.  One of my all time favorite places for R & R.  I will have a couple of good books, some cool refreshments, take a couple of naps and enjoy the scenery and tranquility.

• Like 2

I'm sorry, Marilyn.  Prayers for your husband, you, his whole medical team, and your whole support team.  Keep us posted.

Just had a new client announce they're leaving on vacation Sunday.  The came in really early in the season, referred by another client who's always on extension, and announced they do NOT file late.  They did NOT leave me their info or prior returns at that time.  Then all those retroactive memos from IRS, ERISA, Dept. of Labor, ending 20 February.  When they finally brought me their materials (still has only one pay stub/no W-2 from NJ S-corp and no K-1), I was really backlogged but thought I'd complete by 15 April.  After repeating and repeating how surprised she is that they can't review their returns before Sunday, she offered to extend, but only for a week or two.  (Is surprised the new euphemism for disappointed?) So, even after 15 April, I still have deadlines hanging over my head.

We haven't plotted our usual getaway.  I think we'll go to my son's Inn in PA around Memorial Day.  That way I can get payroll reports and some of my crankiest extensions out of the way.  Still going to catch up on laundry and get a haircut and a mani/pedi and get back to the gym more regularly and stop going to bed at 6 a.m. and....

Oh, gosh, I think the above client has a college daughter.  Better check their package to see if I need a return for daughter now.

• Like 1

I'm planning on sleeping late and scheduling a much needed haircut.  I haven't had one since late Sept and have been shaping and using lots of hair spray to glue it in place.  It's like fake hair that never moves.  :lol:

I have my haircut scheduled on the 21st.  My Cosmetologist client is a happy camper because she just filled the last chair she had for rent in her salon.  I hope it is easier to sleep after the 15th.  Right now, even if I plan on sleeping in, I always wake up early.

• Like 1

Marilyn,

My thoughts and prayers will also be with you and your husband. Having had a spouse with cancer, my best advice is to research as much as you can, don't be afraid to question the doctors on their choice of treatments, and lastly but most important is to get your GP to give you (and your husband) a prescription for anxiety medication. which will not only help you sleep, but will help you have a clearer mind to make important decisions that will need to be made.

Take care,

Cathy

• Like 5