ATX Community

OLTPRO pricing less the onedesk

mrichman333

I just checked the pricing to renew onedesk, it is $479.  Oltpro website shows $499.  Not much of a savings.  BUT I registered on their site a couple years ago and when I hit Renew for 2015 all my information comes up and when I login the renewal price for unlimited cd based is $399.

What to think????

Maybe since you have difficulty comprehending the software and figuring out pretty basic maneuvers is complicated for you, using the software of another company might be best.

what????????????/

I find it strange that the reseller (onedesk) is charging more then the Original Software for renewal.   OR did you not know one-desk is the reseller  of OLTpro.  The reseller product usually has less features then the original software, so why would anyone want to pay more for less

Mr. Robert, I do understand your current concern with working Professional Tax Software providers, especially after TRX/ATX saga.

Please be fair to OneDesk in current and other posts, please do not try to re-direct current customers to OLT.

1. Did you know that it was a major investment by OneDesk (FREE OFFER) to ATX/TRX clients...

Most ATX/TRX conversions was setup same day and e filing....(No cost)  Many Tax businesses saved

2. All customers received 1 hour complimentary software Training, and Free Software Conversion that year, (No Cost)

3. All customer received Free 24/hr Support.... (No Cost)

4. Many  Customers/forums users can confirm that we were there in time of need, and did not have any HIDDEN FEES

5. Customer feedback/requested software updates/changes can confirm quick turn around.

As you know OLT and OneDesk are partners, as Mrichman33 noticed when logging in Web portals.

So please explain to me and other OneDesk users, why should they switch (name) the platform functions will remain 100% same.

Then there is also the moral aspect...

Imagine... You prepared a Tax Return (1041).. Invested Time in client... Gave paper copy to review...

..... ..............Client then take paper return to another preparer to e file exact return....

If a client wants to use my services in that way that's my fault, not their moral shortcoming. I obviously didn't impress upon them the value they receive for the fee I charge. Your customers have started multiple threads on this site outlining the shortcomings of the product and customer service provided. Do they have a moral obligation to utilize your product going forward regardless of that just because they utilized an option for a free season which YOU offered?

I've been given coupons for free ice cream and free soda at the gas station when my local sports team wins big! If I take them up on that advertised offer, did I accept a moral obligation to forever buy my soda (or gas) at that gas station in the future?

Then there is also the moral aspect...

Imagine... You prepared a Tax Return (1041).. Invested Time in client... Gave paper copy to review...

..... ..............Client then take paper return to another preparer to e file exact return....

• 2 weeks later...