ATX Community

Drake updates - Be aware

TaxmannEA

We use Drake at our office, and once again there has been a problem caused by the update process. Another preparer had printed a finished return last year and waited for the client to come i and sign. After the client signed, the 1041 was transmitted and accepted. Unknown to us, Drake had an update that changed the balance due on the Illinois form. When you mark a file to transmit, the program re-figures the return before queing it up for e-file. The update was applied and the return was transmitted with the new numbers and the preparer did not notice the change. When the letter came to the client,we checked the file on the program and the printed file copy. They were different. 

The problem that I have with this is that when a change is made in a completed return by an update, there is no notification. If a change is made to a completed file in ATX, the file locks and an error message appears showing a reject status, I wish Drake would implement something like that. This is the third time in the last few years that this has happened here. The clients are not amused. I've talked to Drake about this and they do not seem to be concerned. I just thought that I'd mention this as a heads up. I'm also wondering if anyone else here has experienced this. 

• Like 1