ATX Community

VENT/RANT Dan At One Desk Support

Terry D EA

Okay, I have reached a plateau with Dan at OneDesk support which is the proverbial I'm not using their software ever again. Two and a half weeks ago I made phone calls for help each day for three or four days and left voice mail messages on every support phone number given to me and no return phone calls and I mean absolutely none and apparently not even an attempt. I called today to discuss the 179 expense situation with proper entry. Again. no phone calls. I left a message stating when I would be available on Monday and I will not hold my breath waiting on a return phone call. Matter of fact, the more I think about this the angrier I get.

What the hell have I done to deserve to be ignored????? Dan if you read this board, you know you made, and committed to an offer with me that you were unable to follow through with. You blamed it on your supervisor which I asked for your supervisor's name and number to call me and that never happened. Bottom line, you made an offer and a mistake should have sucked it up and made your offer good. That is the cost of making a mistake when doing business. I apologized to you for my anger with the situation, immediately met your and your supervisor's requests and by your choice to continue ignore me apparently indicates that meant nothing to you. Because of that situation, I informed you that my desire to re-purchase at the end of the tax season would be clouded to say the least. Apparently you do not want my business and you have made that very clear.

So, moving forward, I have contacted OltPro and have been advised as to the person I need to talk to in an attempt to get help with my current issues. I will see if they are interested in keeping me as a client and can fix my issues on Monday Feb 22. In the mean time, I am going to be looking deeply into the support agreements with OneDesk for any source of remedy against you for not supporting a product that you sold that is directly costing me lost time and revenue as I struggle to complete some tax returns.

I too have been using the OneDesk program for three years now with this being my last. I have had minimal problems as well. OLT has provided different forms, made changes and other things I have asked for. I know this wasn't OneDesk simply because OLT is the provider of OneDesk. I must say, that Dan's support started falling off at the end of the season last year. I didn't get an offer to renew from him just a recorded message late in the fall. Apparently I have done something to cause this which is a ridiculous thought cause I don't know if anyone else gets treated this way. Anyway, no whining, they lost me and my business and I'll pursue another software package. If OLT can deliver than they may be the ticket. What really bothers me is I received other offers and turned them down. Oh well, that is the hind sight thing.

You could always just sign up for Drake and kill three birds with one stone. 

1) Best program for the money, by far.

2)  Top notch customer support (which you will rarely need). 

3) Increased profits/profitability because the program is more efficient that anything in its price range. It kills the competition with its speed, which directly translates into money in your pocket.

• Like 1

Just a few notes on the 179 elected expense problem. Again, I discovered what the problem was when I was on the phone with Dan from support. Yes, he did finally call. The program did put up an error regarding the number of 4562 forms for the same business. I questioned this error and was first told it had nothing to do with the problem. In fact it did. Dan admitted that we both learned something and I did tell him that I had no idea how the second 4562 for the same activity got started. Anyway, I deleted the second form completely and that solved them problem. While I am grateful, it still should not have taken as long as it did to get help. I'm still investigation a different package and thanks for all the suggestions and input from my friends here on this board.

• Like 2

During your investigation of software, might I suggest you skip Trx1040 and TaxExact.  (I crack myself up)

Honestly if I switched I think I'd do Drake. If you renew early, it's only $1,100 and while more expense than we are paying, it's not bad in comparison and it's quality stuff. I'd also really look at their cloud version since it isn't much more than OLTPRO. Used to HATE the idea of cloud software and they can be slow at times but I use it for my back office interface so much, I can't say I hate it anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't find that Drake had that big of a learning curve. I used ATX for 10 or so years and switched to Drake without any problems whatsoever a few years ago. Once I switched I found I like Drake much more than I ever liked ATX. I absolutely love the document manager. It will pdf and file the paperless copy all in the same step as printing your client copies. The document manger also works seemlessly with my scanner and files all the customer documents with just a click. Accurate returns, time saver and paperless capability.. It's worth every penny.

• Like 1