ATX Community

Top this price.

BLACK BART

While I do very few wage-only returns nowadays and am no longer competing with the big-box guys, it's interesting to see they will do to outbid the others.  

When Block advertised $9.95 returns last year, I thought nobody could get much lower.  Then this year's "completely free" TurboTax ad was stunning -- zero for federal AND state.  How could anybody compete with that?  Now I know.  Today's newspaper had a coupon stuck on the front page: "Get $50 instantly when we file your taxes" - Jackson Hewitt.  Although the fine print says "Minimum tax prep fee of $150", I think they're saying they'll give you $50 cash right now if you will let them do your taxes.  Now, that's cheap - tax preparer pays the customer. 

• Like 1

It's all marketing, there will be all kinds of crazy charges added, trust me.   Mt husband is a electrical contractor and other guys are always advertising crazy cheap lighting etc.  it's a scam, oh lights ness switches NOT included, oh there's not a existing light box, EXTRA, mam you have serious electrical problems.......

• Like 1