ATX Community

N/T - Make yourself comfortable

jklcpa

Today was another crazy day. The first client of the day, an older retired gentleman, insisted that he must take off his shoes before entering my office because it was damp outside. He left his shoes outside on the steps and then sat on the damp steps to put them back on when he left. I offered him a chair but he refused that too. He's coming back tomorrow when the forecast is to be sunny and dry. 

Next older client called thanking me for reminding them to drop off their data. Next week it should be in my box.  Tells me there no rush.  Thanks!

Next call was from another older woman that I'd finished/not delivered, then completed/delivered to FL by mail with additional sales tax added to Sch A, then called and said she had even more sales tax that she was going to schedule out for me.   Uh, mailing time must be factored in, lady! This woman initially thought that a total of $7850 was allowed for sales tax, you know the entire standard deduction for a single!  So then she up and mails back the e-file signature form to me. Now what? She called and said she wasn't sure if we were changing the return or not.  She's overpaid, she can have an extension.

Next lady picking up completed returns wants to chat until it's time to head out for her part-time evening job. She forgot her checkbook so I didn't get paid. It's OK, mail it tomorrow. Please just go away.

Last client was a no-show. He drove home from work and forgot to stop and pick up his returns. He lives nearby but didn't want to come back out once he was home. Right, don't inconvenience yourself, only me. It's only time I could have worked on something else instead of clearing my desk.  He's coming tomorrow, maybe, if he remembers.

Tomorrow it will be sunny and dry. :)

• Like 9

One guy has emailed to say he'll drop his documents through my mail slot on his way home from work.  

day 1:  oops, I forgot, sorry - tomorrow!

day 2:  I didn't know where to put them so I just left.  (hel-LO!  mail slot is the big brass flap door in the middle of the front door; good thing you're not a mailman)

day 3:  I tried but there was a towel blocking the mail slot and I didn't know what to do.

day 4:  tonight.  We'll see if he's smart enough to read/understand the email, sent TWICE, saying to ignore the towel as it's only a draft-blocker.  (It would no longer be there except it's been so COLD this past week - we went back to winter and have had snow three times this week but not enough to shovel thankfully.)

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Catherine said:

One guy has emailed to say he'll drop his documents through my mail slot on his way home from work.  

day 1:  oops, I forgot, sorry - tomorrow!

day 2:  I didn't know where to put them so I just left.  (hel-LO!  mail slot is the big brass flap door in the middle of the front door; good thing you're not a mailman)

day 3:  I tried but there was a towel blocking the mail slot and I didn't know what to do.

day 4:  tonight.  We'll see if he's smart enough to read/understand the email, sent TWICE, saying to ignore the towel as it's only a draft-blocker.  (It would no longer be there except it's been so COLD this past week - we went back to winter and have had snow three times this week but not enough to shovel thankfully.)

Hey!  This is APRIL!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PapaJoe said:

Hey, Gene - remember we've had snow in April in ALABAMA.

Can I just say, I almost cried last night when I thought I had this couple wrapped up?  I waited for THREE WEEKS for them to get me summary of expenses and payments for tuition and fees.  I look at his W-2s and there are three more states to do.  (And can we just line up people who use six point font and shoot them?)

My point about AL, and I do have one, is AL wants everything on that Drivers License to efile?  (Ok, not height and weight.) 

I considered calling the taxpayers for about three seconds, then I said, "To %#&& with that idea, paper file here we come."

• Like 4

2 hours ago, PapaJoe said:

Hey, Gene - remember we've had snow in April in ALABAMA.

I don't remember April but we had a blizzard in March of 1993 and I had a grandson born during that time.  My wife got trapped at the hospital where no one could get in or out.  The hospital staff that got trapped there really had it rough.  We Alabamians are not prepared for that kind of thing.  We were without electric power for 13 days.

• Like 2