ATX Community

Program will NOT calculate NY-CITY TAX

mrichman333

Thanks for this heads-up. I have done a 2014 and 2015 NY return with the Harlem location. My client is a non=resident so I don't know if the same situation applies. I haven't transmitted these returns yet and will review them again. I wish you the best of luck with this program. The fact you discovered this really doesn't surprise me any more. I did not and will not renew with OLT or OneDesk. Cannot afford things like this.

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 3:18 PM, Roberts said:

IT-360.1 OLTPRO will do it.

It works the same way in Drake.

I know now, but there is a popup question that's ask if they are subject to NYC tax and I indicated yes as a non resident, so I assumed (Big mistake) that is would do the calculation

34 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Non residents don't pay city tax so you don't need a 360.1  Part year and full year residents do.  The client only pays tax for the part of the year he lived in the city.

Yep, a checkbox saying they are non-residents yet subject to city tax would actually be a different form indicating they are city employees. I don't know how a part year resident would ever be able to have a checkbox since you would need to enter dates and attribute income.

The software will figure it out - you have to actually give it the required information.