ATX Community

ATX2015 - Can't Connect to Server

ZoomnFinancial

ATX 2015 / Stand Alone / Windows 10

Developed a bad hard drive so upgraded to a SSD. While I was at it I had my cousin upgrade me from windows 8.1 to windows 10 (clean install). I was able to get everything off the old HD and moved over the new one. 2012 - 2014 programs work just fine and I have imported the files from the backup. I installed 2015 program from the website and when I go to open I get the below error 

Can't Connect to Server. An Attempt was made to start the server process, but the application is still unable to connect. Please start the server and try again. 

I have tried to reboot and completely shut down multiple times with no success. I tried to restart the server from the notes I had but it didn't work. 

The one time I tried to upgrade from 8.1 to 10 in December 2015 I got the same error so I reverted back to what worked. 

Any clues on what to do? Thanks.  

Some users who have upgraded to Win 10 with ATX already installed have had ATX files moved by the upgrade process.

Thus the ATX software can't find some of the files it needs to run.

You will have to call support and decide whether to go back to Win 8.1 or have support try to get ATX  running on Win 10.

The deciding factor will probably be whether you are having problems with any other programs or hardware due to the

Win 10 upgrade.

Tried the simple uninstall / reinstall and it worked. Got all my returns back up (excluding which returns paid). Luckily I have a list. 

Now just trying to get my printer driver reinstalled but it has opened 3 different days. E-filed the 1st extension today. 

It could all backfire but knocking on wood that it doesn't.