ATX Community

Program won't open for me today

NECPA in NEBRASKA

The error occurs when I open any 2015 return and it gets to user interface. I did have the program updating when opening the program, but I stopped that and it is still happening.

Thanks to anyone that has any ideas. I will try rebooting again.. I had two appointments scheduled for this afternoon and now had to call and tell them that I can't even open their returns. 

No. I did get one easy 2015 and a completed 2014 open. It gets to creating user interface and then gives me the lovely message that the program has the program has recovered from an unexpected error and needs to close. When I try to get details, a little round circle spins forever. Everything worked great last night.

The program appears to stop after trying to load FAM files, which must be depreciation. I have opened a few that don't have depreciation schedules. I am afraid to open too many, because the four that I finished yesterday and was supposed to give out today are BIG returns. It does not matter if they were worked on yesterday or not, even if they were completed, they are killing the program. I don't know what happened between late last night and this morning, but I hope that it's not just my computer. I don't want to wish it on anyone else, but my other programs don't seem to be affected.

This is happening to me too (both yesterday and today) and I called my dad (who also uses this program for his practice) and he was having the same problem.  They must have done something to the software which is causing these errors and it indeed involves Fixed Assets since that's the commonality between all the different returns that won't open for me (the basic ones will).  I can only hope ATX will create a patch for this ASAP because like you guys, I have some upcoming appointments this week and I'll be EXTREMELY pissed off if I have to reschedule them because of this snafu.  

I am having the same problem.  I have to think this is because of the Maintenance they are doing this weekend.  I am going to disconnect to internet and see if this helps.

I thought we were only not going to be able to e-file and use any of their web based stuff.  not the whole program not working.  What a pain.... I was going to do some big return this Sunday with no interruption.

looks like we are back online with these depreciation returns - just opened a couple of them and no more error messages.  Very frustrating - their blog that gave us the details of the maintenance work was completely silent that we would have any type of issue working on a return - will have some disappointed clients tomorrow that are expecting me to be done with their returns...

• Like 1