ATX Community

REV NOTICE EXTENDS FORM 1095 B & C DUE DATE

Lee B

4.  Technical Guidance

Notice 2016-70 extends the due dates for certain information reporting requirements for 2016 imposed by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) under section 6055 and 6056 of the Internal Revenue Code.  Specifically, this notice extends the due date for furnishing to individuals the 2016 Form 1095-B, Health Coverage, and the 2016 Form 1095-C, Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage, from January 31, 2017, to March 2, 2017.  This notice also provides for transitional good-faith relief from the penalties imposed by sections 6721 and 6722 of the Internal Revenue Code relating to the 2016 information reporting requirements under sections 6055 and 6056

Great, this will help me and my one ALA for whom I have to prepare these forms !

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jack from Ohio said:

And this surprises whom?

I am waiting for the same notice about W-2, W-3 and 1099 reporting.  I have a banana split says we see it before Dec. 31.  Any takers??

Well, wait just a doggone minute here.  I thought was "2016 and companies must come up to speed with 21st century technology and business protocols".    I ain't bettin with you - you're playin both ends against the middle.  Not fallin for it.  No sirree.  :P

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

PENALTY RELIEF EXTENDED TO 1040 FILERS:

The extended due dates for information returns required to be furnished to individual taxpayers may make it difficult for employees who may not receive the information in time to file their returns. For those taxpayers, the IRS is providing relief by eliminating any requirement that they file amended returns if they receive these statements after they have filed their returns. They should, however, keep the information returns with their tax records.

The IRS is also extending its relief from penalties under Secs. 6721 and 6722 for taxpayers that have made good-faith efforts to comply with the 2016 reporting requirements.

Sally P. Schreiber ([email protected]) is a JofA senior edito

- See more at: http://www.journalofaccountancy.com/news/2016/nov/irs-extends-due-dates-for-ppaca-forms-201615569.html#sthash.6veELRC5.dpuf

5 hours ago, cbslee said:

PENALTY RELIEF EXTENDED TO 1040 FILERS:

The extended due dates for information returns required to be furnished to individual taxpayers may make it difficult for employees who may not receive the information in time to file their returns. For those taxpayers, the IRS is providing relief by eliminating any requirement that they file amended returns if they receive these statements after they have filed their returns. They should, however, keep the information returns with their tax records.

The IRS is also extending its relief from penalties under Secs. 6721 and 6722 for taxpayers that have made good-faith efforts to comply with the 2016 reporting requirements.

Sally P. Schreiber ([email protected]) is a JofA senior edito

- See more at: http://www.journalofaccountancy.com/news/2016/nov/irs-extends-due-dates-for-ppaca-forms-201615569.html#sthash.6veELRC5.dpuf

So March 7 to April 17 is not enough time to get their returns filed??  Nearly 6 weeks?  Shaking my head in total bewilderment...:huh: