ATX Community

WIN7 Slow start-up

ILLMAS

Also, turn off the computer.  Then remove each memory stick and reinstall.  Remove each PCI card and reinstall.  Remove all data cables from all drives and reinstall.

Blue screen is most typically a hardware issue.  Microscopic corrosion on terminals can be the cause.  Reseating all the connections will break up the microscopic corrosion.

If blue screens continue to show up, it is time for a new system.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, GeneInAlabama said:

Thanks Elrod.  I knew my computer had a battery but had no idea where to look for it or how to replace it.  I also didn't know what kind of problem it caused when it needed to be replaced.  Thanks again.

You should replace the battery with the computer running.  Otherwise, CMOS information, important for startup etc,, will be lost.  There will be no issue changing it while the computer is running.

1 hour ago, Jack from Ohio said:

There will be no issue changing it while the computer is running.

It's too risky to do this with the computer on. The battery or screwdriver could hit the motherboard and short something out.

Just do print screens of all your BIOS or UEFI, and print them to paper. Then, after you replace the battery, make sure all the BIOS/UEFI settings are correct by going into BIOS during start up.

• Like 3

Jack, I did mine completely shut down, and upon restart I had No issues.

You see in the above video that the fellow drops the battery on the circuit board, which could short out that board,  or cause a fire if plugged in and running.  All I had to do was reset date and time.

• Like 3