ATX Community

Drake - Simply Amazing

JohnH

I decided to get Drake now (Dec), rather than waiting until late Jan as I usually do.  The program just blows my mind with its user-friendly features.  After paying, the download took 10 - 15 minutes.  I set up a few preferences, transferred my macros form last year, and did a printer setup, all in about 30 min.  Ran a pro-forma for a client and all looked good.  The only thing left to do is install the state programs when they are available.  Drake cannot be beat for simplicity and efficiency. 

• Like 5

This is my first year using Drake also. I made the mistake of using OneDesk/OLTPro and Drake cannot convert the files. I don't fault Drake for this as these programs apparently are not quality programs. So, I do a lot of rental properties, LLC's and a few S-Corps that all have assets and am entering all of last years returns for these clients to roll them forward for 2016 when the States are released. This is really giving me a lot of practice prior to tax season. So far, I really like the program. Like Catherine stated, I have entered my prices and other setup in 2015 with an increase percentage for 2016.

• Like 3