ATX Community

OH RITA issue

Margaret CPA in OH

Also posted on other blog:

Full year resident with completed data sheet keeps giving error message that Either Street Number and Street Name and/or PO Box must be entered. Did that.  Next error is Move date is required when prior address is present. Well, there is no prior address present so no move date should be required as I have checked full year resident. Box for moved during tax year is NOT checked. Now what?

1 hour ago, Margaret CPA in OH said:

Frankly, Rita, I and likely many others would be so happy to give that special 'Rita' hug to the RITA return. It's an abomination whether in paper or electronic form.  But then, that sort of describes all the myriad Ohio local tax returns, too!

I just had a guy from OH.  State, city, school district.  Holy Toledo. 

• Like 4

Preparing returns in Ohio does NOT pay well when you factor in the number of taxing authorities that need to be considered.  99% of my clients have Fed, Ohio, School, and city returns...then there are the ones that move mid-year, so there are multiple city and school returns.  I'd wager that I spend more time on local tax returns than I do all Fed and State returns combined 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Janitor Bob said:

Preparing returns in Ohio does NOT pay well when you factor in the number of taxing authorities that need to be considered.  99% of my clients have Fed, Ohio, School, and city returns...then there are the ones that move mid-year, so there are multiple city and school returns.  I'd wager that I spend more time on local tax returns than I do all Fed and State returns combined 

DITTO on everything JB said!!  Preparers that live in a non-taxing state have no idea....

• Like 2