ATX Community

Packing it in

BLACK BART

for the night - 3:15 here.  Finally got all those heavy-duty cases knocked out over the weekend.  Now for some light-duty stuff coming up to hopefully cruise on lightly through the week.

Just to finish off last week with a bang, IRS sent me a letter. To recap; back on October 15th I filed & sent in my tax due check (stop laughing - it's normal for carpenters to live in shacks and auto mechanics/body repairmen to drive unpainted junk cars; why should we be any different?).  Anyway IRS cashed my check the next week (got a bank copy), but one month later sent a letter demanding I pay them that same amount again..  Abby Normal advised ignore and it will go away (said they don't need any more mail), however nothing would do me except to speed things up - I sent a full explanation.  Result: Nov-Ist IRS letter (we need 45 days to check this out)/ Jan-2nd letter (need 45 more days)/ Mar-3rd letter (need another 45 days).  

To be continued... 

• Like 8

11 hours ago, BLACK BART said:

for the night - 3:15 here.  Finally got all those heavy-duty cases knocked out over the weekend.  Now for some light-duty stuff coming up to hopefully cruise on lightly through the week.

Just to finish off last week with a bang, IRS sent me a letter. To recap; back on October 15th I filed & sent in my tax due check (stop laughing - it's normal for carpenters to live in shacks and auto mechanics/body repairmen to drive unpainted junk cars; why should we be any different?).  Anyway IRS cashed my check the next week (got a bank copy), but one month later sent a letter demanding I pay them that same amount again..  Abby Normal advised ignore and it will go away (said they don't need any more mail), however nothing would do me except to speed things up - I sent a full explanation.  Result: Nov-Ist IRS letter (we need 45 days to check this out)/ Jan-2nd letter (need 45 more days)/ Mar-3rd letter (need another 45 days).  

To be continued... 

Budget cuts have limited the resources of IRS to provide "customer service".  Don't expect it to get better anytime soon.

• Like 3