ATX Community

DONE!!!!!!!

rfassett

My husband spent the summers of his youth in a little town with a section of road that the locals referred to as Eight Mile Road, and it was still this way the last time we visit there in the mid-1990's.  Only one side of that road was paved for the entire eight miles because way back in time someone figured out that they could pave twice as far at one half the width.  Everyone would drive on the paved section until meeting head-on traffic, and then would move over. 

Why am I telling you all this, you might wonder? That is how my day has been. I've done lots of "half things" today. It's surely not making me feel like I'm getting anywhere faster because I still have to pave that other side and I'm running thin on my main materials. 

Happy computing!  

• Like 9

Congratulations!

But, I don't feel happy.  Everyone has something different this year.  The house sale with strange conditions.  The performance stock with FICA withheld but not vested until 2018.  Dependents grown with big salaries in another state and expecting the bargain fee I charged when they were teens.  Pulling teeth to get info like car tax that I thought I'd had them trained to bring me.  And, lots of future planning for retirement, missing 2015 refund, need ES payments now, etc., that I'm putting off until May or later.  I too hope to finish in October.  I too have a stack of half finished returns waiting.  And, a bunch of clients that will not be happy going on extension.  I'm starting later each day, because I'm hating the phone and email interruptions asking if I'm done with their return yet.  Of course, then I end up working well into the night/morning hours.  Rant over.  Back to one of those college grads' returns now.

• Like 4

I'm so not done. This has never happened and I've always been able to finish on time. There are clients who will owe, but I still have to review, print, assemble, and then the thankless task of setting an appt for them to pick up the returns.  What day?  What time?  Forgot about that Dr appointment?  OK....ugh....I'm so sore and tired.....

• Like 3

shouldn't even be here but had a question - now I have to figure out what Feb will get extensions.. really mad lady today said you had it 5 weeks and simple - I never called - why didn't she - I would have moved her up if squeaky,, and she was not simple -

had such a prune face - told staff and children - do not ever do PRUNE face - uuuggllyy

• Like 3

and I hoped she listened as 2013 amend came in all perky and said Ill gladly do an extension you got me so much $$ back - take that, next guy - said I've learned not to worry and call - you'll take care of me as he also bought $300 worth of lean delicious lamb and some ewemazing sheep cheese 

• Like 3

I don't know about anyone else, but my clients were so much later this year than normal, that I thought that I had lost a bunch of them. Then they started coming in all at the same time after 2/15 and so many strange things going on with them. I would open a normally easy return and then find out that they had started a business, ACA stuff,  taken in the kids and grandkids, etc. I answered the phone the other day and the guy asked if I had every thought about selling my business; my reply was "every freaking day".

Good luck to all of you and thanks for all of the laughs and the help.

• Like 8

I hate you rfasset.  Well not really.  I just started the extensions, and I'm working on clients I met with in Sacramento in late February.  Of course, that week which was really 9'days what with the driving & all, I got exactly one return done, and that was for my hosts.  I'm really unmotivated.  

• Like 3

I'm all caught up and do taxes immediately as they arrive now (really only expecting maybe 7 more). I have a few boxes of returns for people to pick up / pay / efile so they'll wonder into the office over the next week.

I have a client who delivered everything except 2 numbers back in early February. His wife will email me those two numbers on April 15 (she thinks that's the filing day) at about 2pm and will expect the return completed by 5pm. She's done this 3 years in a row and they pay $200 more for this "service". All she has is a 1099 and her mileage deduction. Bizarre.

• Like 3

My own extensions are filed with payment, so that's about all I care about after today.  I have one client who will owe around $40k and has given me nothing except a W2.  I suppose the midnight oil and last minute freak out will happen on Monday.  They are also a big corporate client so I have to do this.  

• Like 2