ATX Community

WIn 7 users, is your computer sluggish today?

ILLMAS

Today, yesterday, and the day before, actually.

What is ticking me off about Windows Update lately is that my computer is most definitely set to download and install updates ONLY upon my direct command - yet it is downloading and installing updates WITHOUT my approval.

Gotta find the "update" that installed that sleazy step and UNinstall it.  In my copious free time... 

• Like 2

Thanks for the heads up !

I allowed the security updates to go ahead.

I will skip the main Win 7 and the .Net update until after I return from vacation next month.

Sidenote: After last months Win 7 & .Net update I noticed that my prior years ATX programs are opening much quicker

and running faster. I'm sure there is an appropriate saying that applies to this situation but at this moment nada.

Well I have escaped this one. My win 7 machine, which is not my main machine, won't update due to the update problems windows has had for the last two years. It tries to update but just spins for ever and a day. If anyone know a quick fix for that problem I'd be interested in hearing about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terry D said:

Well I have escaped this one. My win 7 machine, which is not my main machine, won't update due to the update problems windows has had for the last two years. It tries to update but just spins for ever and a day. If anyone know a quick fix for that problem I'd be interested in hearing about it.

Upgrade to windows 8.1 :) . Seriously, it's my favorite version of windows ever. It will be a sad day when we have to day goodbye. Been using it for 4 years now.