ATX Community

Finished & Request

Terry D EA

It is a good feeling to know that I just filed my last extension and return. So, I am done and closing shop. I would like all of my friends here to pray for my mother. She is 86 and has just been put in the hospital which is why I 'm closing now. She has PSP (Progressive Supra Nuclear Palsy) and can no longer keep her balance. This mixed with a pretty bad UTI is taking its toll. Undoubtedly, she will be moving to a rest home. PSP is a debilitating disease that is very similar to Parkinson's without tremors. The limbs become almost rigor mortise like, she will loose her voice and her eye sight is affected by limited eye movement and more than moderate sensitivity to light. I hope each of you has had a very prosperous tax season. Take some time and rest up we all deserve it.

Thanks,

• Like 9

Actually, working helps.  I can't go see him all the time - he needs to rest and that is hard enough to do in the hospital.  But the hospital is close enough that I can duck out a couple of times a day and check in with him.  But thanks for all the good wishes - and Catherine, I can't tell you how much your offer means to me!  I love this group of people. 

Now I might just have to go and have a good cry before I go back to work.

• Like 4

Thanks to everyone for the prayers and continued prayers. My mother is doing good for the condition she has. Unfortunately, she will continue to deteriorate. She will be given quite a bit of physical therapy. Right now they are controlling blood pressure as it keeps spiking and going back down. She is now in a nursing home which is bittersweet for me. I know there will be eyes on her everyday and most of the day. On the other hand, I hate it but there is no choice.

Believe this, I have just finished filing two extensions and waiting on one client to say hit the button. A few others already on extension thought I could get theirs in at the last minute including an S-Corp. of course my response was NO!! My thoughts "Are You KIDDING ME?" An S-Corp??? Sorry but I'm not good enough to get it done in one evening. God and I aren't communicating on miracles of this sort. Geez!!

• Like 3

Terry, just be sure to care for yourself.  Your mother needs your support and family is first.

It is amazing to me the expectations that some clients have.  I am glad your response was rational.  Extensions are available for good reason.  We are human, after all, with limitations though always striving to do our best. 

I am biting my tongue and biding my time about an incredibly rude client (trust beneficiary) just now.  She will be gone soon.

Best wishes possible for your mother, prayers and healing thoughts for you and her.

• Like 2

My dad passed away last Wednesday.  A lot of people are on extensions this year.  Anyone that objected was told they were welcome to go elsewhere.  Only one person gave my staff any trouble about that, but she left her stuff for me to do.  I am going to get what I can do done this week, although payroll reports are going to get priority, and then I am taking next week off.  Some things are more important than others.  Always.

• Like 1

Very sorry for your loss Gail.   And yes, always, some things are more important than others as we are reminded of so often.   I lost my Dad in '12 and there is always something that happens that I know his presence is still there.  I'm sure you'll feel that too.  Take good care of yourself and those around you.

• Like 4