ATX Community

Possible better dialogue

Edsel

Greetings.  I am trying out this message board after avoiding it for many years.  The old ATXers had degenerated to vulgar usage and comments about women, so I have not been interested.

You might say I am a refugee from another message board, which was very good for a long time.  I am finding out that many of my old friends from that board are over here now.   I've been reading some of the topics and it appears this board is very relevant.  There is a member on the other board who answers every single post and never answers a question.  After so many of his responses like "Have you read the instructions" or "contact the lawyer of the deceased" I finally blocked him.  If he finds out about this message board, you will know what I'm talking about, unfortunately.

I was recently told about this forum, and may try posting questions here.  My surname, Edsel, is a famous classic epitomy of a failed venture.

• Like 4

Yes, welcome to the group. We hope you will like it here.  It does scale down with much less activity off season, but there is a core group that is here all year. 

I'm sorry to hear that anyone or a company hosting a professional forum would allow the behavior you mention re: the comments about women. We don't have that here, and really hardly any foul language at all. Is that on the ATX forum or some other place? 

• Like 4

John actually I know Rita personally, and wouldn't object to any hug by her.  Many of you have met me, including yourself, and will know my other identity in time (if you don't already).  Someone earlier asked me about the old "ATXers" forum.  I think it may have been sponsored by the software company ATX prior to it being bought out.  The problem with the forum was ATX didn't assign anyone to monitor the posts and they became increasingly vulgar and the board was ultimately discontinued some years ago.

• Like 4