ATX Community

E-FILE ERROR X0000-005

DEO

I received two e-file errors tonight, and do not know where to find answers.

Your assistance is appreciated.

The first error is as follows:

X0000-005 Federal 1040

The XML data has failed schema validation. cvc-pattern-valid. Value '-000003' is not facet-valid with respect

to pattern '[0-9]{1,6}' for type

'#AnonType_TotActiveTimePrepSubmissionTsFilingSecurityInformationReturnHeaderType

It looks like the IRS system thinks you didn't spend enough time on this return and is rejecting it.  One of the security features that came out the the security summit was that total prep time would be transmitted to the IRS so that scammers couldn't populate a fake return and submit it very quickly. Somehow I think that value of "-000003" is the problem.  Have you tried to recreate the return and resubmit it? 

Is this a very simple return that you spent little time on?   Or is it a return that you prep'd on another machine and transferred the file over to e-file it?  I'm just guessing, but it looks like too little time is tallied to me.

That error code is used for a variety of things that aren't proper for the place they appear it, such as a stray character that isn't allowed in a city's name where the system bounces it back.  You may have to call support if you can't figure it out. Sorry, I've tried looking for that code with the exact followup comments and haven't come up with anything yet.