ATX Community

Drake Client Write Up

Lee B

After the ATX 2012 debacle, I took a good look at Drake, went to one of their seminars, watched some of their videos and downloaded some of their manuals.

My practice is mostly a client write up/payroll processing practice and then I do tax returns for the business owners, their children, relatives, friends and etc.

Now I am in the process of evaluating Drake again, but since I am on vacation I will miss the 2 Drake presentations in my state.

I have always been curious if it would possible to use Drake CWU along with the Drake Tax Software.

Four years ago, I participated in a a online Webinar about Drake CWU. Afterwards I felt that while functional, it was too slow and inefficient

especially for my larger clients. I just watched Drake's current video about CWU, which was dated 2015 and downloaded their CWU manual.

As far I can tell it appears that Drake CWU is basically unchanged since 2013 ?

I would appreciate any feedback about how Drake CWU currently compares to 4 years ago.

Thanks in advance,

Yes, pretty much unchanged. I don't use it except for filing 1099s, W-2s, and the 940 series, and only because it is provided free with the tax program.  I use QuickBooks with payroll set to manual for write-up.

Drake was supposed to be working on a new accounting program to replace the current old CWU program, but I'm not sure of its status.

• Like 1

Mostly same as Judy, here.  I only use CWU for 940-series now - I even do W-2's and 1099's with an online service that includes the e-filing and mailing for one low fee.  Here we use QB for any bookkeeping or accounting work for clients.  Used to have some folks on Sage50 (formerly BusinessWorks or Peachtree or something), but not any more.