Possi

What credit card company do you use?

6 posts in this topic

iTransact has a deal with TaxWise, and it is incorporated through the software. Very easy to use, and affordable until this year. Apparently, there in the fine print, it says that they can add fees for services I don't sign up for, but must opt out of, and I was getting slammed from November 2016 until I found it after the season ended.

So, does anyone use a better company?

I use Square - have a reader for my iphone and ipad.  I find it works best with the ipad.  Fees vary from 2.75% per transaction (card present and swiped), to 3.25% (card not present and info keyed in by me).  They also have square invoicing (which I prefer to my keying in the info and incurring a higher % fee) which is sent from Square directly to the client; the invoice has a link for the client to click and enter their own credit card details.  It is double work to create the invoice in square (yeah, you have to print your invoice from your tax software, open the square website and create another invoice to send to the client).  They have reports which are helpful.  No fees incurred if you do not use their system.

2 people like this

I use three different sources, none of which charge me a monthly fee (per-transaction only).

1. PayPal link on my web site, so people can pay from home.
  2. QuickBooks credit cards.
  3. Drake ePay built into the software, two options (monthly fee for lower %-age, higher %-age and no fee; I use the latter).

I have a "stupid" phone, so the Square (and similar) is not possible for me. 

1 person likes this

I use square.  Takes all credit and debit cards.  Easy to use and set up.  I don't do the invoicing from it, but I think I will add that feature next year for the clients that want to pay by credit card but don't actually come into the office.

Easy to set up, no hassles (except the constant emails marketing more services).  Price is not the cheapest out there, but the convenience can't be beat.

Tom
Newark, CA

1 person likes this

I use Square.  We used to use QuickBooks, but the fee they charged monthly even when we did not accept any credit cards was unacceptable.  They were not supposed to be charging a fee, but after the first twelve months they were and I could not get them to stop the fee so I stopped the service and that was the end of that.  With Square, no monthly fees, just the deduction from each card swiped.  I had been using my phone with the reader, but that meant getting interrupted any time someone paid by card so I replaced my iPad and brought the old one to the office to use just for taking cards. 

2 people like this

Thanks. I think I'll change to Square. It sounds like the cost will be about the same without the threat of slamming me with added fees for programs I didn't want.