ATX Community

IRS Transcripts

Max W

Even though I pull a few dozen transcripts (& IRMFs) a year -- 8821 for those clients who seem to always omit one or another 1099, 2848 for the late- and non-filers I get referred to -- I saw nothing majorly time-saving about Canopy.  But I appreciate the two hours' free CPE they provided through CPAacademy.com last week; the seminar on OIC was enlightening, while the one on Penalty Abatement was more a refresher.  Both pitched Canopy, of course.  Not a bad idea but I couldn't see the value added.

I use TaxHelpSoftware to pull transcripts (one year fee ~$300.  It's a HUGE time-saver, as it logs in and downloads all the client transcripts faster than I can log into e-services myself.

Then, it takes those raw transcripts and turns them  into *organized* reports, sorted by year and then by date, with every detail.  Estimated payments made, return filing, letters sent, responses - everything.  Other parts of the report show audit flags, CSED and tolling events, graphs... it's great.  WAY less than Canopy, too.

• Like 3