ATX Community

They Are Free !

Lee B

In the spirit of fellowship I herewith offer my contribution to this breezy and good-humored discussion. To wit: All Sonic corndogs will be on sale August 1st for 50 cents (regular $1.29).  Supposedly it's everywhere; from here all the way to Gum Stump and further on "up north."   

Thought I had better try to keep this lightweight post goin' since David, Jack, and Edsel put up one of those NT (non-trivial) posts up above. No doubt those three boys know lotsa stuff about the depreciable arts and it surely needs workin' out.  But it seems to me that I've expended lots of time, thought, and torture on it without much payback.  While I've rassled ACRS, MACRS, S-179, bonus, and such for years; I know of a tax preparer who's been using straight line and nothing else since 1975. Never been checked.  "It's so much simpler," she once said (69 and not a gray hair in her head).  I agree, but anyhow I've got my virtue to keep me warm (if unfed).  :D

• Like 1

Even more important, Krispy Kreme will be "selling" a dozen doughnuts for $0.80 tomorrow, July 14, in honor of their 80th anniversary.  Not all locations may participate according to the article that I read, so you might want to check before you go, but what a bargain!  Two tons of fat and sugar for less than a dollar!

• Like 3