ATX Community

Live webinars and PRIMA peer review website

BHoffman

I have to renew my license this year and am down to needing 16 hours of live webinars.  I used to take 2 8 hour courses from The Taxspeaker, but am considering taking a bunch of free 1 hour courses from CPA Academy.  Anyone use that, and what did you think?

I am also required to submit a peer review this year and am finding the new PRIMA website to be a real misery. Anyone having any luck with that?

I always take NATP's live seminars, Not the national one because it's too expensive. There is always one close to me. I take 2 days. It's the 1040 and Beyond the 1040. I am not an EA, but I did pass the RTRP way back when, so I always register the CE. Regardless, I have always taken at least 2 days of live seminars and I think I've taken these particular ones for the last 9-10 years.

• Like 1

The TaxBook comes with some CPE for no added cost, if you use that product and haven't taken advantage of it.  I've been purchasing an unlimited package from Surgent, but that isn't much help for you.

Thanks for the alert about the PRIMA site. My y/e for the next review is 8/31/17 and I haven't been contacted by the state society overseeing it yet. The PRIMA site was down when I tried to check it out last night.

• Like 1