ATX Community

Nothing New at ATX ?

Lee B

Accounting Today has an article about "What's New for next Tax Season"

There are no new enhancements listed for ATX ?

Frankly, this just confirms my sense of where ATX is headed.

It appears that CCH is pushing them to cut costs and send as much profit and cash upstream as possible!

Yes @Abby Normal, could you perhaps provide the list of enhancements you are reading about? Others that use this forum and that aren't current ATX users can't access the official forum, and someone may find that information helpful when considering ATX for the next upcoming season. I tried to find a list of the enhancements on CCH's ATX products page or blog and couldn't find anything about new features.

• Like 1

Here they are along with brief reviews/comments by me in parentheses.

There are a multitude of small enhancements to many of the forms based on customer feedback. Larger items that are "planned" for the 2018 tax season are as follows:

-1099-K worksheet has been added and flows through the return much like the 1099-MISC worksheet (meh)
- State K1 Input worksheets have been linked to many of the state business forms (meh)
- Redesign of the statements that print for the federal K-1 input worksheets to combine the information for each K-1 record (Yay! I suggested this. You're welcome.)
-Additional calculations added to the NOL worksheet for Adjustments such as taxable SS income (Nice)
-Sec 179 recapture is now allocated to partners and shareholders for federal Sch K-1 (1065) and Sch K-1 (1120S) (what evs)
-AMT calcualtions added to the MFJ vs MFS comparison (Nice!)
-Zip Code lookup functionality added to many more forms (Good)
-Masking of pass-through owners SSNs on state K-1s (Cool)
-Enhanced state depreciation and disposition calculations for state returns (Sweet!)
-1099-Q calculations for ATX Advantage customers (Nice for Advantage folks.)

• Like 3

16 hours ago, cbslee said:

What I find interesting is that CCH mentions improvements to Prosystem fX and to CCH Axcess and doesn't even mention anything about ATX or TaxWise.

It's at the very least a curious approach to marketing and public relations.

They probably wish they could move all us low end users up to a 12k a year product. Drake might be the only thing stopping them from doing just that. If they ever buy Drake, it's all but over.