ATX Community

Drake Totally Eclipses the Competition

JohnH

Drake software is located in Franklin, NC, which is directly in the path of totality for the upcoming solar eclipse.  Today they sent out a memo to all users that their customer support  will be closed Aug 21 between 2:00 pm and 3:00 pm so their employees can enjoy the eclipse. 

They also sent a link inviting others who can't get to the path of totality to join their live stream.  How cool is that? 

I'm betting it will be a top-quality feed, because Drake has been instrumental in getting high-powered internet service in what's otherwise a sleepy little mountain community. 

• Like 7

I got that notice, too - and plan to watch the live feed since we'll only get 63% occlusion here.  I've heard of other companies closing for a specified time (through my husband) but none that offered a link to their own live feed.  They have just been the best.  As reluctant as I was to leave ATX, my only regret is not having jumped ship earlier.

• Like 4

Most schools and many businesses are closing in my area.

It's a 20 minute event - don't see the issue except schools have been warned that if they hold viewing events, if kids get injured the legal liability could be substantial so they demand a parental waiver. Thus they are closing.

Wineries are supposedly going to be packed.

• Like 6