ATX Community

Our Florida colleagues

Catherine

I called all my FL clients this morning (about a dozen) and to my amazement they are all staying put except one cruising in the Gulf (hopefully not under threat of a tsunami).  One client is 98 y/o in Pembroke Pines (I think Red Buttons' Century Village) with his 90 y/o wife and a large group of grey and blue hairs, asking Irma to "bring it on."  I told him to keep away from the patio door, he thought that was a good idea and will tell his friends, they won't even go to the local shelter.  Most clients feared getting stuck on the highways which are jam packed all day and night.  Tough situation, I hope everyone stays safe, is prepared, and don't take chances.  If this is as bad as they say it could be, the aftermath is going to be a challenge with so many people staying in their homes. 

Think positive thoughts that this monster weakens, or, takes a hard right, although that would be an act of God for that to happen. 

• Like 7