ATX Community

invoicing software

schirallicpa

Let me pick everyone's brain again.

We have forever used the invoicing/billing in the ATX software.  And any services outside of ATX are billed manually on a word document.  And all our billing is kept track of in an excel spreadsheet (and not a fancy one either.)

Wondering what software suggestions my fellow ATXers have.  

My problem lately is that we have grown enough that tracking billing is getting cumbersome.  Especially for non-tax return work.  When it is a tax return, it doesn't get efiled til I get paid.  But some of my other IRS rep work and compliance work is harder to keep track of.

What accounting software do you use to keep your firm's books?  Perhaps it has what you need or has a module available.  It might even have ways to collect payments.

I invoice within ProSystem fx, because most of what I do is tax returns.  But, I do have Intuit process credit card payments, dropping the info into QB and the payments into my bank.  You have lots of options, such as PayPal, for receiving the payments.  You're really looking for invoicing all in one place so you can have aging reports at your fingertips, etc., right?

2 hours ago, Abby Normal said:

Intuit wanted $700 to fix it even though it sounded like the problem was on their end.

And you find that surprising why?  :)

Actually one of the reasons I do SO much with ATX (CCH Small Firm Services) is I have never received a bill for support.  I can not say the same for the company I left to bring my stuff over to ATX.  So the practice you describe is not all that unusual.

28 minutes ago, schirallicpa said:

I think my problem is I HATE QUICKBOOKS and try to avoid it at all costs.....

I have the same relationship with QB as I do with ATX.  I love the software and hate the companies that own them.  They both exhibit the same disdain for their customer support departments and nickle and dime (and quarter and dollar) you to death.  They market the crap out of their products, so you can always get a salesperson, but if you need any help with their products, good luck.

Just my humble opinion.

Tom
Modesto, CA

• Like 3

I think it is ridiculous that when you purchase software and it doesn't work you then have to pay someone to "fix" it.  If I bought an appliance and it didn't work I would expect it to be fixed or replaced, but that isn't the way it works with software.  I understand that sometimes the problem is with my setup and not their product, but I still find it incredibly frustrating.

• Like 3