ATX Community

ATX Update Released Today

ETax847

I downloaded an update a week or more ago which included the organizer.  As I've been completing my extended returns I've also printed the organizers, though it might be a mistake to hand them to the client this early.  Last year I didn't get the organizers out to clients until late January - in retrospect that was too late.  Too early - too late - something in between.

• Like 2

Microsoft had a security update last night.  Is that the software that was installed and not ATX?  With tax policy being in such limbo in Washington, I'd be surprised if any company has an organizer ready until next spring.  Remember a few years ago when Congress was in the habit of passing retroactive tax legislation the week after Christmas?  IRS did an amazing job getting the most common things up and running for the start of tax season, but there was one year when education credit forms and AMT weren't ready until March.  Not helpful for those who needed to fill out FAFSAs.

• Like 2