ATX Community

Thread/Post Reactions

Eric

This isn't really big news, but it came up in another thread so I thought I should explain this feature a little bit.

I've added a couple "reactions" to the list.  So now, in addition to Like, Thanks, Haha, Confused, and Sad, we also have Thumbs Down and Angry. 

There is a point system going on behind the scenes associated with this feature, and those points are what determine who shows up on the Leaderboard.  Like, Thanks, and Haha all contribute +1 points to a user's total.  The rest are all neutral.  There is an option to add negative (-1 point) reactions, but they're not currently enabled.

I have chosen to keep Thumbs Down and Angry "neutral" because the could be used in different ways, for example:

• You might be annoyed that there is a new botnet or bit of ransomware floating around the internet, which you might want to give a thumbs down to show your annoyance with that news.
  • You might want to show that you disagree someone's assessment of a particular tax-related situation.

There is a possibility that I'll bring back the Downvote (-1 points) option for that second bullet point, but I haven't decided yet.

I'm adding more emojis next.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

Alright, added a bunch of emoticons/emojis/whatever.

Nevermind! I had to remove all of the new emojis.  I checked the roadmap for the forum software, and a new emoji system is in the works for the next version, and it looks like full unicode emoji support will be added.  I want to avoid conflicts, so for now I'll have to get rid of the new ones.  Sorry :unsure:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3