ATX Community

CCH is crap - did anyone else get a useless package from them today?

BulldogTom

I ordered my software last week to get the 10% discount (which means I paid slightly more than last year).   So today when I got home from work I had a package in the mail.   I thought it was a little early for the Master Tax Guide to arrive.  Surprise, I got last year's state tax guide and last years Tax Book. 

Once again, CCH has shown me why I don't like dealing with them.   Will Van Kleef told me there was no changes to my package this year.  He lied, I got shitty books from CCH instead of the Master Tax Guide.  I bet some pencil neck geek in their accounting department thought it would be a good idea to ship out all the leftover books from last year to the returning customers. 

The lows to which CCH falls every year still surprises me, even though it should not.

Tom
Modesto, CA

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

I was told you get the real books later.  Well, TheTaxBook, anyway.  I don't care about the other one.  Yes, I admit it.

The arithmetic was totally incorrect on my invoice.  Representative overrode numbers to make the bottom line jive.  That did not impress me.  I hope overrode is a word, but we're all friends here so you know...

ILLMAS, I laughed out loud at your comment. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Pleas don't hit me in the head.....But this is my take....

Bulldog Tom is really really mad......

Illmas doesn't like books...????

Rita likes brand new words....

After reading the three posts .... the humor hit me sideways, Please don't be mad .... it is funny..:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Got a reply from Will Van Kleef this morning.  Totally pissed me off in the tone.  Says I must have forgotten our conversation.  Bullcrap.  I hate when they talk down to me like that.  But he probably did not forget that I told him in the conversation how much I don't trust CCH and how much I don't like them either. 

But it does say that the Master Tax Guide will be coming this year as soon as it comes out of print.

Tom
Modesto, CA

• Like 5

15 hours ago, BulldogTom said:

He lied, I got shitty books from CCH instead of the Master Tax Guide. 

3 hours ago, Elrod said:

Pleas don't hit me in the head.....But this is my take....

After reading the three posts .... the humor hit me sideways, Please don't be mad .... it is funny..:D

Tom had me rolling in the floor not gonna lie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Roberts said:

Why buy their book if you hate them so much? This is bizarre.

The Master Tax Guide is a really good book.   ATX/Kleinrock used to have something similar, but when CCH took over, they discontinued that book and replaced it with the Master Tax Guide.  That made sense when they did that.  The MTG (or the Kleinrock equivalent) has always been included in my software cost. 

I don't like CCH, but I am too lazy to learn a new software and go through the conversion process.  Since I don't have to interact with ATX except at renewal and occasionally with their (non)support department if something goes wrong at the beginning of the year, I tolerate them.  But 2012 is never far from my thoughts every time I deal with ATX.

Rants are not supposed to be rational, they are always bizarre to the person who is not ranting.

Tom
Modesto, CA

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Abby Normal said:

I wish they'd stop sending the books, like they stopped sending phone books.

I for one do miss the phone books, especially the blue pages, and to see if an ex is still alive, I mean in the area.  And great when computer or phone is on another floor.

Bulldog is right, we not dealing with the same ATX, although when I call I usually get good results, thankfully not often.   With the Max package we would get the MTG and 1040 and Business Quick Answers.  I used them all and they made good coasters.  I do miss the old days. 

Oh, BTW, you guys are making me LMAO.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Abby Normal said:

Maybe their Google is broken. Or they don't speak Tennessean. And what the eff is a Hall Income Tax?

The Hall Income Tax is a tax on dividends and interest, as well as capital gains distributions.  We don't tax earnings from work, per se.  It was 6% forever, then 5% for 2016, and is 4% for 2017.  It's being phased out.  Hope something twice as bad doesn't take its place.  Our sales tax in my town is 9.75%.

• Like 2