ATX Community

CCH is crap - did anyone else get a useless package from them today?

BulldogTom

Actually I received those books months ago and had forgotten about them.  I gave the Tax Book to my assistant to take home.  I was happy to receive the all states book because I only order that once every three years or so and that has worked out well.  

I have not had any issues with downloading the new program and the updates are going well.  So far, I have seen only improvements and have nothing to complain about......YET!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, mcb39 said:

I have not had any issues with downloading the new program and the updates are going well.  So far, I have seen only improvements and have nothing to complain about......YET!

Key word.  As best I can tell, Autosave does not.  It does NOT work.  5 tax years it has not worked.  Unless early updates fix this, it will be a weekly complaint of mine to ATX.

• Like 2

Personally, I automatically save return every few minutes to a jump drive, so that doesn't concern me so much.  Then, weekly during tax season, back up entire drive to an external drive.  My Guru just cleaned up my computer inside and out so I rather feel that I am ahead of the game.  I think I am finished ordering supplies and the program install went smoothly.  I have nothing to complain about....YET.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, mcb39 said:

Personally, I automatically save return every few minutes to a jump drive, so that doesn't concern me so much.  Then, weekly during tax season, back up entire drive to an external drive.  My Guru just cleaned up my computer inside and out so I rather feel that I am ahead of the game.  I think I am finished ordering supplies and the program install went smoothly.  I have nothing to complain about....YET.

You are doing manually, what the program is supposed to do automatically.  I have complained every year since the train wreck of 2012.  Still not functioning.

Be careful about what is saved to the thumbdrive.  One of our business clients was just a victim of ransomware.  Her computer was set to automatically save to the thumbdrive every night.  Problem is they left the thumbdrive attached to the computer all the time.  When the back up ran that evening, it backed up the ransomware hidden on her computer and her carefully saved data were gone.

11 minutes ago, Abby Normal said:

You can't 'save' the return to a thumb drive unless the entire database is on the thumb drive. If you have your backup location set to the thumb drive, you can close the return and ATX will automatically create a backup to the thumb drive. That's why I reacted confused to your post.

Export