ATX Community

E-Services still unavailable?

Margaret CPA in OH

I ended up calling the Practitioner hotline, twice, and faxed 2848, twice, to get the answers I needed.  Only took about 90 minutes total... First agent stated that client had no CP2000 so no worries.  Called state back, challenged how they could have received a CP2000.  Was told they had to have some documentation.  Soooo, back to hotline, again.  Second agent went deeper and discovered CP2000 resolved while first agent simply did not see one 'active.'  So I have dutifully chastised client by email for not having provided this information last June when he paid the additional tax to IRS.  Grrrr, yes I am charging for this although I normally wouldn't.  Second agent sent wage transcript as well as account transcript for which I would have asked first agent had she not insisted there was no outstanding issue currently.  Technically correct but not the whole story. 

• Like 2

Hah! TODAY it works.  That is exactly how I tried multiple times to access as I have done multiple times in the past.  But when I needed it earlier this week, I got as far as clicking on the entity to use and got this message:

This service will be unavailable due to system maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience. If more information is available, you can find it by selecting the service from the Tools page.

Return to IRS.gov home.

At least agent 2 was able to assist me to prepare to mentally yell at this client for not letting me know about this earlier and that he actually

paid IRS a balance due.  IRA withdrawals - $18,600 but no 1099 R's for me.  He isn't yet at RMD's and of course did not complete the questionnaire

so how do I know?  My Karnak turban hasn't been working well for some time.

• Haha 2