ATX Community

Win10 Browser

Randall

I'm trying to get used to my Win10 desktop.  I liked the tiles of Win8.  Win10 seems to have a combo look.  My question is for the browser.  Win8 used IE11 I think.  It had the website tiles at the bottom to quickly go to my most common websites.  With Win 10 using the Edge browser, I don't see the tiles.  There's a pop down list for favorites but is there a way to display the tiles for favorites?

Go to settings , then apps, then default apps and choose web browser and choose your browser.

On the task line right click what is there and remove the unwanted browser.

From the windows logo (bottom left (used to be the "start" button) click the logo and in the list find your browser and then drag the tile to your tile menu and put it whee you want.

Remember the browser you want may be listed different from what you call it (ie: IE 11 might be internet explorer or Microsoft win explorer or just explorer, etc.) in that list.

Hope this helps.

22 hours ago, easytax said:

Go to settings , then apps, then default apps and choose web browser and choose your browser.

On the task line right click what is there and remove the unwanted browser.

From the windows logo (bottom left (used to be the "start" button) click the logo and in the list find your browser and then drag the tile to your tile menu and put it whee you want.

Remember the browser you want may be listed different from what you call it (ie: IE 11 might be internet explorer or Microsoft win explorer or just explorer, etc.) in that list.

Hope this helps.

It's under Windows Accessories in the list of apps.  It opens up the IE browser but it doesn't help.  With Win8, within the browser, there was star at the bottom.  When I clicked the star, a row of tiles popped up across the bottom showing my favorite websites.  In Win10, using the IE, this function isn't there.  There is the star in upper right which gives me a pop down list of favorites.  This feature is also in Edge.  No tiles of favorites across the bottom.  Oh well.

7 minutes ago, Randall said:

It's under Windows Accessories in the list of apps.  It opens up the IE browser but it doesn't help.  With Win8, within the browser, there was star at the bottom.  When I clicked the star, a row of tiles popped up across the bottom showing my favorite websites.  In Win10, using the IE, this function isn't there.  There is the star in upper right which gives me a pop down list of favorites.  This feature is also in Edge.  No tiles of favorites across the bottom.  Oh well.

Randall, please try this method - bring up the Start Menu and find the browser, or any other app listed, and then right click on it. That will show a popup box with one of the choices being "pin to taskbar."

ETA - if you want a tile - from the start menu list, find the app that you want as a tile, and then left-click AND hold the click as you drag it to the right into the tile section.

Edited by jklcpa
added how to create tile

26 minutes ago, PapaJoe said:

I don't think Randall is trying to pin Edge to the taxkbar at the bottom of the screen. i think he wants a row of tiles WITHIN the Edge browser for his favorite web sites.

Haha, you are correct!  I read the suggestions about how to find the IE browser and pin it, and then I didn't go back to his original question even though he posted it again!   Oops!   

The original question was "How to import my IE favorites to Edge?"

1.    With Microsoft Edge open, tap or click the ellipsis at the top right to display the dropdown menu, then navigate down to Settings.

2.    Next, tap or click the Import favorites from another browser option.

3.    Additional web browser installed on the device will show up in the Import favorites list.

I wonder if you don't IE but if you copy the favorites folder to c:\user\UserName\, IE would be listed as choice within Edge.

Edited by Pacun
Extra Info

Pacun, thanks.  I had already done the import though.

Abby, thanks for the info.  These tiles appear at the top and looks like the number is limited to 8.  By default, they will show the most recent.  I can pin a tile to show up all the time.  This looks helpful but limited.  The previous W8 IE11 showed the Favorites drop down list in the form of tiles at the bottom of the screen and allowed sorting into sub-categories just as the Edge drop down list does.