ATX Community

MyTAXPrepOffice - anyone use this?

schirallicpa

After years of messing around with ATX, I am leery (and weary) about signing up with them again.  Their price has gone up and up and up and it still seems like such a cumbersome program.  Have looked at Drake, but unsure.  Just looking at this one today.  Does anyone on this board use this program.  I think it's all cloud based, which would be sooooo handy.

You might be interested in the topic linked below and take note of my posts within that topic starting on 12/20/14.  It is related to Wolters Kluwer, and the poster touting it was less than transparent when he posted here, especially when he knew this is an ATX forum.
You might also search the forum for "mytaxprepoffice" and will see some other posts on this also.

I had an email from there, or saw a link somewhere.. anyway. went to their site. was not going to switch to them but just curious about tax software in general... looked around less than a minute I think.. moved on.. out of the blue the next day or so I had a phone call from them seeing they saw me at their site?  kind of surprising to me to get a phone call like that. 

they called me right away as well.  Offering a price lower than what is advertised on site.  But ultimately, didn't really want to change software, but liked the idea of being able to access from anywhere.  Yet that is the reason why I really decided against it.  Need to have better sense of security.