ATX Community

Bitcoin Bitcoin Bitcoin

ILLMAS

I listened to an explanation and discussion of Bitcoin on PBS for an hour and I still don't get it.    Although I understand the principles, I just don't get the why of the whole thing.   What's wrong with a credit card and why get involved with something that reminds me of a certain bubble in 1637.

• Like 3

Not green stamps related but my parents still have the Funk and Wagnall encyclopedias they received from the grocery store as a rewards program. Got them back in the late 70's I think.

It shocked me to see a local grocery store still doing a similar rewards program. You could get free cutlery, dishes and glasses. Didn't have a clue that was still used.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

In NYC we had channels 2 WCBS 4 WNBC 5 WNEW 7 WABC 9 WOR 11 WPIX and 13 WNYC (PBS).  There was one UHF but it was always fuzzy, I think it came from CT.   Now we have advanced so far as a society that we have hundreds of channels, remotes, and Bitcoins to buy the TVs.   So my question is, if a Bitcoin is worth so much, how do they make change?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gail in Virginia said:

The cutlery and dishes that we use here in the office are some that I got from a local bank back in the 70's - a place setting for every $50 I deposited into a savings account.  Been a long time since I have seen a bank give a premium for making a deposit.

Local banks still do it. They give out sports tickets, I received a "weather station" for opening a business checking account. My in-law received a blanket for renewing a CD.

• Like 2