ATX Community

IRS E Services web site

JimTaxes

Transcripts. I have clients that can never tell me what estimated payments they've made and others who lose their tax documents or never receive them. Of course the missing documents ones have to wait until as late as summer before the IRS has the documents posted.

I also have client business clients with prior balances due for payroll taxes and I need to track those until paid off.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2018 at 4:35 PM, JimTaxes said:

Does this site ever work right.. every year I try and log in and every year it never works right

I've had the same problem over the years. It's a horrifically designed website and the security appears to be taking convoluted steps to NOT use truly safe options.

I've yet to see step by step instructions on how to do things on the site (it's not really intuitive in my opinion) and since I do them sporadically, it's like starting over each time.

I would pay a fee every year for an easy to use, secure portal using software like Citrix. As a license holder they have already done a background check on me. If I efile a return with the preparer checkbox, I should be able to review that client's transcript data via the secure system until the next return is filed or 18 months - whichever is shorter.

It seems like many of the IRS "solutions" are designed to save IRS jobs.

2 hours ago, Abby Normal said:

Call eServices help desk

Have you tried calling recently?   Either the lines have "High call volume - call back later", or "there are callers ahead of you. The wait is 30 to 60 minutes."  Yesterday I waited over 90 minutes and the line disconnected.  

• Like 2

I was given a temporary password by EServices and told to wait on confirmation letter that never arrived.  Now I am finally thinking like Jack and Lion, let the client get it, they didn't keep track of everything so why should I fret about it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Abby Normal said:

Because it makes you the Wizard of Oz in customer's minds. Great and powerful, able to provide excellent customer service!

Well this is true, and a good reason for me to get it done.  BTW, The Wizard of Oz is one of my favorite movies.  I played the Scarecrow in 4th grade, no brains then, working on them now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3