ATX Community
Sign in to follow this  
Sharon Eldred

W2 & 1099 Error Messages when E-filing

Starting to do our 1099 and W2's for clients through the ATX software for this tax season which needs to be done before Feb. 1st 2018. I am wondering why I cannot create or e-file any of them even when they have no errors. I get the message "the efile cannot be created because these forms are not yet approved for efile". We rolled everything over and are doing 2017's version of the 1099 and W2's. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

6 minutes ago, Sharon Eldred said:

Starting to do our 1099 and W2's for clients through the ATX software for this tax season which needs to be done before Feb. 1st 2018. I am wondering why I cannot create or e-file any of them even when they have no errors. I get the message "the efile cannot be created because these forms are not yet approved for efile". We rolled everything over and are doing 2017's version of the 1099 and W2's. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It is not Jan. 29, 2018 yet.  E-filing W-2 forms is simply uploading files to the SS site.

21 minutes ago, Sharon Eldred said:

Last year I was able to create and e-file all of my 1099's and W2's 4 weeks before the deadline of February 1st.

How is that working for you this year?  IRS has announced that no e-filed personal returns will be accepted before Jan. 29, 2018.

58 minutes ago, Sharon Eldred said:

It will be ready next week... we're told.

32 minutes ago, Jack from Ohio said:

How is that working for you this year?  IRS has announced that no e-filed personal returns will be accepted before Jan. 29, 2018.

I'm not filing a return, I am trying to get the W2's and 1099's printed for the clients

6 hours ago, Sharon Eldred said:

I'm not filing a return, I am trying to get the W2's and 1099's printed for the clients

I was confused by the title of this thread:

W2 & 1099 Error Messages when E-filing

I guess my grasp of English is slipping...

Sharon, I have been preparing and printing W-2s and 1099s all week.

Make sure you have the most recent version 2017.1.7 downloaded and installed.

If you do, you must have some corrupted files and then you will need to call support.