ATX Community
schirallicpa

have a 2016 990EZ that hasn't gone thru

They have  a Sept year end so the return was prepared and efiled in January.  The efile sits as "transmitted" on my efile tab, but says its rejected under the returns tab.  No rejection actions are available.  I cannot delete the efile because it shows in transmitted stage.  Please advise.

I suspect that nothing is going to happen until the IRS opens their EFC on January 29th.  If it is still saying rejected on the return tab then I would call support.  I have a 2015 and 2016 1040 with the same issue. 

Entity filing opened earlier this month.

Your software may accept your 1040s and stockpile them and e-file the 29th.

This return is still hanging out there as transmitted.  Looked on efile status and it has not gone thru.  I cannot delete it.  Not sure how to proceed but the return will considered late after Feb 15th

Have you tried synchronizing your e-files?  I haven't used ATX for a while, but they used to have customer service utilities under support that allowed you to synchronize with the EFC and that would sometimes change a status so that you could work with the return.

2 hours ago, schirallicpa said:

This return is still hanging out there as transmitted.  Looked on efile status and it has not gone thru.  I cannot delete it.  Not sure how to proceed but the return will considered late after Feb 15th

File an extension. Our efiled 990/990EZ extensions went through fine.

• Like 1