ATX Community

IRS E Services web site

JimTaxes

The site is so clumsy and poorly written.. I finally can get in .. tried to get a transcript..

some worthless error message come up.. CAF check failure

I did it four times, making sure my CAF was entered correctly.

even choosing the transcript/info requested is written it looks like to be confusing

has anyone navigated this site and can talk me through maybe. thank you.

1 hour ago, JimTaxes said:

if a client comes in. asks me if i can get a transcript. i thought that meant can just log in to eservices right there

is that correct or do i have to submit a 2848 first

You can call PPS (or collections) while the client is in the office and the IRS will ask them certain questions to verify who they are. You do not need to submit any form.

If the client is not there, you can submit the 2848 (or 8821) after you phone the IRS.  They will provide the fax number and they will wait while it is faxed.  You can also ask them to forward the form to the CAF unit.  It takes 2 weeks , or so, for the form to be entered in the system.  Once in the system, you can use Eservices TDS (Transmission Delivery System.).

• Like 2

On 1/19/2018 at 6:50 PM, JimTaxes said:

only reason i ever logged into the dumb site is verify my EFIN.. the whole site is a train wreck

We used to be able to enter POAs instantly on eservices, but the IRS took that away. They said it was because not enough practitioners used it. I used it. A lot.

They also took away EAR account resolution which was like a dream to me. Resolve IRS notices in days rather than months. Again because not enough practitioners took advantage of it. I was totally bummed when they killed EAR.